- Ankara, Turkey
- Istanbul, Turkey
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Protection officer will be responsible for the overall quality implementation of all aspects of an integrated response combining information sharing, IPA, vulnerable case identification and referrals. The Protection officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the program. The Protection officer will work extensively with the implementing partners to ensure that protection principles are being incorporated into the emergency programs.
- Support the design, set-up and monitoring and evaluation of protection activities
- Contribute to, development of country sector strategic direction and plans, in consultation with the Protection team
- Provides technical guidance on confidential, case identification and referral mechanisms in line with internationally recognized best practices such as SPHERE standards, Child Protection Minimum Standards and the IASC GBV guidelines.
- Oversee overall implementation of the Protection program and provide guidance to the Partner, protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the project is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide in person and online mentoring and trainings follow-up for key partner staff. Provide technical support for partner staff in the fields of rights and responsibilities, protection risks, child protection, gender-based violence and MHPSS. Assess technical needs of partner staff based on their level and function, develop a capacity-building plan and ensure plan is implemented.
- Prepare program work plans that meet the program objectives and prepare appropriate operational guidelines for project implementing partner staff;
- In cooperation with partners, regularly collect information about beneficiaries’ needs, program gaps and potential areas for growth
- Coordinate with partners to come up with structured approach to raise awareness on about protection risks, rights and responsibilities faced by refugees in Turkey.
- Support in the planning, organization and implementation of targeted awareness raising and advocacy events on the protection of civilians, children and women;
- Conduct field and office monitoring visits for the partner and support partners’ outreach workers in identifying and referral of persons of concerns.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children;
- Minimum bachelor degree required in humanities or post-graduate degree in international law, human rights, social sciences or a related field is preferred.
- Experience in capacity building, conducting trainings, on-the-job coaching and technical supervision
- Understanding of protection, human rights, international law, refugee law and humanitarian principles
- Strong programmatic drafting and reporting skills
- Understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- Strong coordination, communication and advocacy skills
- Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural environment with due respect for local culture and norms. Adhere to the Do No Harm principles.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours as necessary and ability to travel in the field up to 80% of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience in EU, ECHO funded projects
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience of implementing any protection related activities in Syrian refugee context
- License in humanities
- Very good written and spoken English, Turkish and Arabic
- Only Turkish Nationals will be considered for this role.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for the two positions online and apply by the closing date 1 May 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For applying for Protection Officer in Ankara, please click on this link: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/turkey/child-development/protection-officer-ankara/9855
For applying for Protection Officer in Istanbul, please click on this link: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/turkey/child-development/protection-officer-istanbul/9854
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Çocuk Koruma Uzmanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)