Regional Finance Manager Turkey
|Position:||Regional Finance Manager Turkey|
|Application Deadline:||28 January 2018|
|Duration:||Full-time for 12 months with possibility of extension|
|Start Date:||February 2018|
For all of the assigned projects, the Regional Finance Manager Turkey assures timely and accurate accounting, internal and external reporting and compliance with (donor) policies and requirements, by supervising the local finance officers. Reports to the Regional Programme Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and train local Finance Officers in all project countries, to promote accurate and timely accounting and reporting
- Quality control (audit) completeness of administration on Programme & country level, in preparation of internal and external reporting
- Assist national finance officers in the preparation and control of national programme budgets;
- Prepare financial donor programme reports;
- Prepare financial programme reports, both internal and external, with as objective to provide management with input for information-based decision-making and to comply with donor requirements;
- Review instalment requests of partners and country offices, to assure compliance with budgets and reporting requirements;
- Liaise with Finance Department at HQ, to implement the Spark-wide Finance policies and advice on improving such policies;
- Oversee Programme level and national tax & Legal administration compliance with local laws and regulations
- Responsible for preparation of designated project audits
Requirements and Skills
- A minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in the NGO sector, preferably in the MENA region;
- BA/BSc level education in Finance, Accounting or related field. Desirable: MA/MSc level education;
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, complex spreadsheets and database software, general record keeping and filing systems and bookkeeping systems
- Experience in and knowledge of developing / maintaining (Financial) Internal control and risk management concepts and systems
- Experience with preparation of external audits is desirable Experience with preparation of external audits is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of international accounting standards for the NGO-sector; donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
- Knowledge of applicable local laws and regulations (income-, business taxes, etc.)
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently
- Accurate, structured and precise
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to adjust flexibly to rapidly changing situations
- Fluent in English in speaking and writing
- Turkish and/or Arabic language are very strong assets asset
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Good communication and social skills, flexibility and the ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Turkish or Lebanese nationality or work permit
- A remuneration based on experience;
- Training opportunities;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (3 months’ probation period), with the possibility for extension.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A monthly salary between € 1.600 and € 2.200 (net) depending on professional experience and based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours;
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English), Reference: Regional Finance Manager Turkey to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 28 January 2018.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum