Regional M&E Coordinator MENA
|Position:||Regional M&E Coordinator MENA|
|Location:||Gaziantep, Turkey or Beirut, Lebanon|
|Application Deadline:||25 January 2018|
|Duration:||Full-time for 12 months with possibility of extension|
|Start Date:||February 2018|
The Regional M&E Coordinator MENA will be assigned to work on the Higher Education for Syrians (HES) Programme. This programme is implemented in Turkey, Syria, Iraq (Kurdistan), Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. The programme offers scholarships to Syrian refugees and supports them to become influential leaders and successful entrepreneurs within their host communities. For more information on the HES Programme, please visit its website at http://spark-syria.eu/home/.
The position will be carry responsibility of the drafting of donor’s reports for the programme and will coordinate the collection, analysis of all data relevant to the awarding of scholarships, enrolment of students in higher education institutions and participation of students in post-enrolment activities. The coordinator will be based in SPARK’s Beirut Office in Lebanon or Gaziantep Office in Turkey and will report to the Regional Manager of the programme.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Draft donor reports, both (semi)-annual, as well as quarterly information notes and respond to ad-hoc donor reporting requests;
- Liaise with local offices to collect data relevant to scholarship applications, student selection, enrolment and participation in post-enrolment activities;
- Follow up with local offices to verify and acquire means of verification for the collected data;
- Follow SPARKs M&E policies as set forth by the M&E Manager in HQ, and provide advise on how to improve this;
- Ensure all collected data is real-time entered into the Programme’s online Student Information System (SIS);
- Analyse collected data and incorporating this into well written reports with visual representation of the data added were appropriate;
- Liaise with SPARK’s ICT Manager to (further) develop, troubleshoot and maintenance the SIS,
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- At least 3 years of Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation experience, preferably in a coordinating role;
- 3-5 years of experience working with large/complex databases, including testing and providing troubleshooting support;
- Proven track record of working in multiple-donor programmes/projects will be considered an advantage;
- Proven track records of writing donor reports (in English) is essential
- Excellent English writing skills is essential
- Fluency in Arabic
- Strong (inter-cultural) communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and independent work-mindset
- Knowledge of Statistics and IT will be considered an advantage
- Turkish or Lebanese nationality or work permit
- A remuneration based on experience;
- Training opportunities;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (3 months’ probation period), with the possibility for extension.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary depending on professional experience and based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours;
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English), Reference: Regional M&E Coordinator MENA to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is on Monday 29 January 2018.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum