|Position:||Regional Project Cycle Manager Higher Education|
|Location:||Jordan, Lebanon, KRG, Turkey and Syria|
|Application Deadline:||25th October 2017|
|Duration:||Full-time for 6 months with possibility of extension|
|Start Date:||18th October 2017|
Under supervision of the responsible SPARK director, the Regional Project Cycle Manager (RPCM) will be responsible for sound project progress planning and controlling of this multi-year, multi-country project that provides Syrian refugees with higher education scholarships in the host countries and within Syria. The project will be conducted in Jordan, Lebanon, KRG, Turkey and Syria. The RPCM will have overall responsibility for ensuring project planning and implementation occurs according to pre-set timelines and deliverables and will coach and monitor national team in the development of work plans and delivering result on time, within budget.
The position will most likely be based in either Beirut or Gaziantep but will operate regionally. The position will require extensive travelling in the region and possibly in a later stage inside Syria (depending on the security situation).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Establish national work plans with SPARK national offices, coach staff on PCM skills and monitor delivery of project results within set deadlines according to budget;
- Quality control and final responsibility on timely and accurate donor reporting;
- Supervise financial and administrative management of the programme and ensure all offices are compliant with strict donor documentation and filing requirements (on and offline);
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Fluent command of English; Arabic language skills are an advantage;
- 10+ years of large project management experience;
- Accurate, structured and precise, whilst Flexible and responsible;
- Managed at least one larger multiyear complex project of 10 mln+;
- Extensive experience/knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach and experience in coaching team in these;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Knowledge of the political and economic situation in the MENA region;
- Previous experience managing EU funded projects and reporting to EU requirements is an advantage.
- Remuneration: a gross monthly salary between 3.500 USD and 4.500 USD based on a fulltime appointment and on relevant work experience;
- International and dynamic working environment;
- Full-time for 6 months with possibility of extension.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and your CV (in English) as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to “Regional Project Cycle Manager Higher Education” as subject of your email. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be rejected without any consideration. All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline.
Questions regarding the position can be sent to email@example.com.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. After the deadline for application we will screen all applications and will invite selected applicants for the first round of interviews. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
- Sektör AB Uzmanları / Proje Ekibi, Sivil Toplum