Gaziantep – Research Officer
Position Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
The Research Officer will provide research support within the Monitoring and Evaluation and Research unit (MER) of the program through data analysis, technical support, and oversight of field research activities.
Note: Only candidates fully bilingual in Arabic and English (written) will be considered.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reports to the Research Manager. Manages Field Officers.
Oversee the collection of atmospherics data from community counterparts, and Field Officers
• Develop and manage the implementation of research activities for programme, under the supervision of the Research Manager;
• Support and coordinate with local partners as needed to ensure that any future program implementation is on schedule, and that partners adhere to program and donor regulations and guidelines;
• Communicate with local partners on reporting, monitoring and evaluation of activity implementation; results and other possible follow up activities;
• Manage the efficient and timely delivery of all deliverables (atmospherics, Requests for Information, Critical Impact Reports, etc.).
Provide support to the thematic research and programme evaluations
• Desk review of key project documents as an input to the research concept;
• Coordinate with the Research Manager in the development of the tools for alignment and quality assurance purposes;
• Work with other component teams to collect, analyse, and synthesize data for all program deliverables;
• Research, write, and edit Requests for Information, Critical Impact Reports, atmospherics reports, and other deliverables;
• Ensure the deliverables are quality assured before it is submitted to the Research Manager;
• Assure timely submission of all deliverables.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• College degree (Master’s Degree is desirable) in a field related to international development, with
specific focus area on Information Management, Project Management, or other relevant
• Minimum of 3 years of monitoring, evaluation, and/or research experience;
• Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both Arabic and English.
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
• Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
• Strong personal organization, interpersonal and communication skills
• Bilingual in English and Arabic
Application deadline: December 19, 2017
Application instructions: Send complete CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum