Assignment: The Shelter Program Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of ACTED’s shelter rehabilitation programming, including providing support to the Syria-based Shelter Program Manager, overseeing processes such as site assessments, development of BOQs, overseeing contractors, and certifying program deliverables. The Shelter Program Manager will represent ACTED at country office level (clusters, coordination meetings, working groups, workshops…) and ensure the smooth implementation of quality programming that meets the needs of the identified beneficiary community.
The Shelter Program Manager will be based in Antakya and oversee ACTED’s Shelter programing in crisis-affected regions of Northern Syria. In addition to directly managing Shelter-related grants in these areas, the Shelter Program Manager will lead on program implementation, deliverable-based planning, budgeting, recruitment, management, and procurement in the field locations. The Shelter Program Manager will also assist with program design, proposal writing, coordination, and capacity building and will work with Assessment, Monitoring, Evaluation (AME) staff on assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities.
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Support design and organization required for assessments, baselines, and evaluations
- Contribute to situation/response analysis and development of response plan
- Contribute to program design and proposal development
- Create master budgets and implementation plans, including phased budgets, for all awarded grants, support AMEU teams in creating indicators and monitoring plans
- Implement project activities ensuring that services are delivered on time and as per the budget available
- Manage program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources
- Support ACTED’s Syria-based Shelter Program Manager and team in the field, following up with the field team daily to ensure that activities are on track
- Review and submit for approval MoUs between ACTED and beneficiaries for each household rehabilitation, working closely with Finance and Logistics to address any issues that arise
- Keep detailed record/ tracking of any documents related to the project
- Coordinate with NGOs working on related issues and specifically on Shelter related issues
- Attend the Shelter and NFI working groups to ensure complementary programming with other actors
- Represent ACTED at the S/NFI Strategic Advisory Group (SAG) in a professional manner
- Monitor program progress to achieve programmatic targets within budgetary limits
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on project activities
- Identify Shelter program supply needs and coordinate with the logistics team develop and execute procurement plan.
- At least 3 years of management experience in emergency, conflict, or development programs in Shelter in an emergency context
- Experience in Shelter program design
- Experience in managing a Shelter team including logistical components and in remote management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Proven capacity to supervise, support, and coach staff in shelter technical skills
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- High capacity to focus on details and high capacity of organization
- Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, ECHO, USAID, UN and other major donor projects preferred.
- Legally able to live and work in Turkey. (Dual citizenship is a plus)
Fluency in English (writing, reading, speaking) required. Arabic (writing, reading, speaking) is recommended.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Yönetici
- Pozisyon Program Manager
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)