Job Opportunity: Child Protection Assistant (Part-time)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Department: Program – Protection
Reports to: Child Protection Manager
Vacancy #: TK2017-80
Global Communities is and international non-profit humanitarian organization working to improve the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable populations around the world. From our office in Turkey, Global Communities is providing humanitarian support to vulnerable and conflict-affected households in Syria, and seeks a Child Protection Assistant –Part-time to support this humanitarian programming. The Child Protection Assistant reports to the Child Protection Manager and is responsible for training staff and partners on key protection principles, identifying protection concerns in program implementation, and advising on protection components in proposal development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that protection is mainstreamed in all program activities
- Train and advise staff and partners on protection
- Produce data collection, reports and analysis as required
- Provide, in consultation with field teams, recommendations on advocacy actions and response mechanisms
- Represent Global Communities in protection meetings and cooperate with relevant partners
- Support the Program Manager in development and preparation of new or adapted activity materials, including training curriculum and M&E tools
- Support in organization management of program files and resources
- Support in organizing trainings and activities through preparing translated materials, following-up on logistical arrangements, and procuring supplies, as necessary
- Be involved in training facilitation, particularly on PSEA and Sphere standards
- Support in program administration, HR, and procurement for protection programming
- Participate in program meetings for strategic planning and evaluation.
- Immediately identify and report any problems or challenges to program implementation; seek to resolve problems at the local level while keeping management informed.
- Liaise closely with the M&E team to support in regular collection, entry, analysis, and visualization of data for program reporting.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Familiarity with protection related technical guidelines and standards, including Sphere, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethics.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 25, 2017 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section.
Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt of CV’s. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees and non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residency permit.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum