JOB OPPORTUNITY: REPORTING OFFICER
Position: Reporting Officer
Department: Program [FSL and Engineering]
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This is being carried out through an approach to programming where projects focus on the sustainability rather than relief delivery. GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and has built its humanitarian response capacity in Turkey.
GC intends to hire a full-time Reporting Officer to implement activities, while based in Gaziantep through humanitarian assistance programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The overal responsiblity of the Reporting Officer will be in preparing and finalizing internal and external routine and ad-hoc program reports, including reporting to donors and headquarters. The Reporting Officer will also support to draft and develop other written materials including applications and business development material.
The positon of Reporting Officer reports to Program Manager. The position is based in Gaziantep.
- Contribute to develop tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that generate quality evidence on program impact
- Ensure the program team can make use of data for decision-making processes possible program adjustments.
- Respond to requests for information, monitoring, and reporting on the impact of the different activities.
- Ensure programing meets all reporting requirements on time and with quality.
- Analyze different quantitative and qualitative data from different sources and incorporate findings into different reports, including develop and maintain dashboard for qualitative and quantitative data
- Donor reports
- Prepaare [write/format] all input on engineering and food security/livelihoods programing.
- Draft monthly, semi-annual, annual and final narrative reports for donors as needed.
- Progress reports
- Document ongoing implementation and completion of programing.
- Visibility/promotional material
- Propose ideas for articles and reports on specific thematic topics/success stories when relevant.
- Develop ad-hoc reports on specific interventions to be used in promoting the organization and its work.
- Draft/contribute to program funding applications with colleagues’ support and inputs.
- All reports should contain
- Good description of actual preparation and implementation of activities.
- Analysis of contribution towards expected results.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
Support to edit material drafted by colleagues.
Work in close cooperation with Global Communities M&E department.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure efficient and effective project implementation
Education and Training:
- A university degree in a relevant field [can include social sciences, journalism, development/political studies, english language] or a combination of experience and education working in this humanitarian/development sector.
- Any relevant profesional training will be seen as a benefit.
- At least 2 years proven experience in a similar position is required.
- Work with humanitarian/resilience programing and/or NGOs/international donor funded programs is required.
- Familiarity with engineering [shelter/WASH] and food security/livelihood is an advantage
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Good understanding of how to write for different audiences.
- High attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Advanced computer skills, including standard office software skills and preferably infographics/design application (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator) and the ability to create visual designs of quantitative data.
- Creativity in finalizing and publishing reports.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with short deadlines, in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to simulatenously balance several tasks.
- Excellent command [fluent] of English [writing/reading/spoken].
- Good command of Arabic [writing/reading/spoken].
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to email@example.com no later than November 24, 2017 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section.
Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt of CV’s. Applicants should submit a one page-writing sample in English. An external person should not have edited the sample. Any topic related to humanitarian programing is accepted. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees and non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residency permit.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)