JOB OPPORTUNITY: WASH Officer
Reports to: WASH Project Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey with travel up to 20% (Turkey 15%, Out of Turkey 5%)
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and are currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey. GC intends to hire a full-time WASH Officer (SOW herein) to assist the Program Manager in managing organizations’ projects in Syria and while based in Gaziantep through humanitarian assistance programming.
The main responsibilities are:
- Assist the WASH Project Coordinator in the planning, coordination and execution of the WASH programs activities with full consultation and co-ordination with Global Communities staff, local partners and other agencies and stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting technical specifications for needed equipment or materials and ensure quality control of WASH Construction activities, reviewing BoQ’s and drawings for both direct implementation and through Implementing Partners modalities.
- Draft and manage field assessments and focus groups discussion, and ensuring community participatory approaches in project design, implementation and monitoring. Collect data and information about the progress of the project’s inputs, outputs and indicators, and updates the databases
- Support the WASH Coordinator in conducting training sessions for beneficiaries and partners.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements on safety measures and environmental assessment.
- Participate and represent the organization in seminars and external meetings.
- Plan and coordinate voucher WASH activities in a phased and prioritized manner.
- Support implementing partners to ensure that WASH activities are completed correctly and on time
- Assist implementing partners with the development of proposals, budgets and implementation plans and procurement plans
- Contribute in preparing donor and sub-award budgets with careful integration and monitoring of spending across multiple projects.
- Engage in the development and write drafts for WASH project proposals.
- Review partner reports and support in preparing donor reports for WASH projects.
- Collaborate and plan with M&E, Procurement and HR Teams as needed to ensure smooth and timely implementation for all activities.
- Perform other duties and any relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or a relevant course.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience with NGO
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery projects
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working as a part of a team.
- High analytical and reporting skills with Problem solving ability
- Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Computer skills: able to use AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to email@example.com no later than December 22, 2017 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section. Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt of CV’s. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees and non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residency permit.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite