Job Opportunity: Human Resources Officer
Position: HR Officer
Department: Human Resources (HR)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Report to: Senior HR Officer
Vacancy #: TK2018-01
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This is being carried out through an approach to programming where projects focus on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
Global Communities (GC) is a fully registered organization in Turkey and are currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
The Human Resource (HR) Officer will deal with day to day operations of HR, facilitate all aspects of the general personnel administrative work, recruitment, staff development/ training, implementation of policy and procedures. As well, her/his responsibilities are center around maintenance of staff personnel files/records, HRIS, follow up with performance evaluations. The Human Resource Officer reports to the Senior HR Officer and is based in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The HR Officer is responsible for the following:
- Implement GC HR systems and procedures for the mission;
- Ensure adherence to GC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures;
- Review and assist in developing GC HR policies and templates;
- Handle staff recruitment, including but not limited to, advertising, screen, interviewing, hiring etc.
- Ensure GC recruitment policies and procedures are adhered to upon hiring;
- Ensure staff receive a full induction into the organization;
- Follow up the SGK related issues for staff;
- Assist supervisor in implementation of Performance Management procedures and all related activities;
- Assist and remind supervisors to conduct annual performance appraisals for staff and assist direct supervisor to conduct training to staff on performance appraisal process;
- Follow up the staff exits, trainings, etc.;
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as appropriate;
- Assist in timely and accurate preparation and processing of payroll for the mission staff; Ensure accuracy of staff timesheets;
- Draft or prepare correspondence to respond to inquiries in respect to relevant administrative activities as required;
- Ensure that all necessary support documents are collected and checked prior to finalizing contracts;
- Ensure that a recruitment tracker, leave tracker, vacancy tracker are updated;
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant;
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately;
- Remain open to the comments/feedback received from staff/units and consider them when due;
- Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors.
Education and Training
- University degree is required. Master degree will be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in HR for a medium to large company; Master degree on a relevant subject may be considered as equivalent of 1 year work experience.
- Working Experience with international donor funded programs preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Turkish Labor Law and SGK.
- Knowledge of accepted HR practices and procedures.
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages
- Database management and record keeping;
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to solve problems with all actors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good command of spoken and written in both English and Turkish languages are required;
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31, 2018 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section. Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt of CV’s. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees and non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residency permit.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3