Job Opportunity: Admin Assistant – Part-time
Position: Admin Assistant – Part-time
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Report to: Admin Officer
Vacancy #: TK2018-010
Global Communities’ (GC) Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
GC is a fully registered organization in Turkey and is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
The overal responsiblity of Part Time Admin Assistant is providing assistance to manage general administrative activities in the office and will report to Admin Officer.
The Part Time Admin Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Engage directly with the general public, Turkish officials and other humanitarian actors who arrive to the GC office
- Ensure the smooth running of the utilities, lease, phone, internet, office furniture, equipment, and supplies by making sure bills are paid on time
- Prepare procurement requests and payment requests
- Updating Podio and related admin data when requested
- Performing watchdog checks on suppliers if needed,
- Provide translation assistance, ensure minutes of meetings are kept,
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs
- File administrative documents according to procedures
- Arrange travel requirements through travel agency
- Arrange hotel accommodation when needed
- Assist in organizing meetings/trainings
- Assist in inventory physical checks
- Other duties as identified and assigned by your Supervisor
Education and Training
- A high school degree is required; unversity degree or graduate or student of the last year of study is preferred.
- At least 6 months working experience
- Past work with local NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of accepted administartion practices and principles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- Ability to solve problems in the field with suppliers
- Good command of MS (excel, word) and other database applications.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork; ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Good command of spoken and written English, fluency both writing and speaking of Turkish language.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter with three references to email@example.com no later than March 20, 2018 and mention the position you are applying for to the subject section. Applications will be reviewed upon the receipt of CV’s. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees and non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residency permit.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel