Project and Team
Under the supervision of the Stabilization Program Manager; The translator is responsible for translating all stabilization related documents from Arabic to English and/or English to Arabic. The translator will maintain regular communication with the stabilization team to ensure timely translation of materials.
Location Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting Line and Responsibility
The Translator will report directly to Stabilization Program Manager and has no supervisory duties.
Stabilization Program Implementation:
- Works closely with the Stabilization Program Manager to implement program’s stabilization program activities. The Translator works under the direct supervision of the Stabilization Program Manager and in his/her absence, the DCOP-Ops.
- Providing both verbal and written translation and interpretation during seminars, meetings and other events and translation of program materials from Arabic to English and/or English to Arabic language.
- Performs any other dutie as assigned by program Senior Management.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English language skills are required and Turkish language skill is an asset.
- Arabic to English/English to Arabic translation skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel and the NGO community.
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions in English, Arabic and/or Turkish.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations as well as Syria, security situation permitting.
- Bachelor degree in Translation/Interpretation, English Language and Literature or related field.
- This position open to candidates who has valid status in Turkey, Non-Turkish candidates are required to have a valid residence permit’
Application deadline: March 1, 2018
Application instructions: Send your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)