Project and Team
Under the supervision of the Stabilization Program Manager, Translator is responsible for translating all stabilization related documents from Arabic to English and English to Arabic, required. Translator will maintain regular communication with the stabilization team to ensure timely translation of materials.
Location Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting Line and Responsibility
The Translator will report directly to Stabilization Program Manager and has no supervisory duties.
Stabilization Program Implementation:
- Works closely with the Stabilization Program Manager to implement program’s stabilization program activities. The Translator works under the direct supervision of the Stabilization Program Manager and in her absence, the DCOP-Ops.
- Provides both verbal and written translation and interpretation during seminars, meetings and other events and translates program materials from Arabic to English and English to Arabic language;
- Performs other duties as assigned by program Senior Management;
- Written and oral Arabic required, English and/or Turkish language skills preferred;
- Arabic to English/English to Arabic translation skills required;
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel, political actors, and the NGO community;
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions in English, Arabic and/or Turkish;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications;
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures;
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations as well as Syria, security situation permitting
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Valid Residency Permit
Application deadline: September 4, 2017
Application instructions: Send complete CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum