Duration: as soon as possible – 31.12.2018
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/tuerkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Finance and Contract Officer on a full-time contract to support the project in Gaziantep.
The Finance and Contract Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Finance & Contract Officer is responsible for:
- Processing of payment requests and receipts of implementing partners
- supporting partner organizations on financial aspects (invoicing & reporting) for the correct implementation of GIZ’s financial agreements such as Grant agreements and local subsidies
- ensuring in coordination with the partners that financial documentation is provided correctly and on time, and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures
- supporting partners in the financial reporting and closure of the sponsored projects
B. Required qualifications and experience
- University degree (Bachelor or Master)
- At least 2 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Being familiar with the context of humanitarian assistance and/or development cooperation
- Experience with NGO work an asset
- Solid knowledge of and familiarity with contractual procedures
- Very good language skills in English and Arabic, both speaking and especially writing
Other experiences and skills
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies, related software and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- quick learner and willingness to learn new tools and procedures, especially GIZ rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with trustworthiness and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Finance and Contract Officer in Gaziantep) latest by 13rd of July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum