Description of the Programme:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 Mio. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/tuerkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified Information Analyst on a full-time contract to support the Office in Ankara.
The Information Analyst
- Provides professional risk information analysis;
- Provides timely and correct reporting;
- Monitors closely political and security trends and collects relevant information;
- Manages the incident database;
- Conducts GIS analysis on the database and develops subsequent products including incident mapping and other forms of thematic analysis of risk;
- Develops and maintains a functional system for risk information gathering and analysis and builds relevant contacts/resources;
- Carries out specific tasks concerning the knowledge management in Risk Analysis and Reporting Section (RARS);
- Takes on certain tasks as delegated by the AV;
- Assists the AV and/or other experts he is assigned to in their relevant technical tasks.
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects: peace and conflict studies, security studies, international affairs, political science or international development;
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods;
- Experience in post-conflict and /or insecure environments would be considered an asset;
- Valid driving licence.
- At least 3 years professional experience working in a comparable position for a humanitarian or development organization, or research institute (think tank) focusing on peace, conflict, humanitarian relief, or development;
- Design and delivery of reports of any kind.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Proven ability to work under stress and time pressure, frequently outside of normal office hours;
- High ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to approach complex situations from a creative and innovative perspective;
- Excellent command of English and/or German language in all terms;
- Excellent command of Turkish, Arabic and/or Farsi language in all terms;
- Very good knowledge of ITC technologies (office communication, computer, phones, inter-/intranet);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications, Outlook);
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, Grass GIS, Google Earth Pro, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite software would be considered an asset;
- Very strong report writing and analysis skills;
- Discretion, flexibility, commitment and dedication;
- Willingness to travel the region regularly.
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter stating their qualifications and previous professional experience to the following email address: email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Information Analyst in Ankara). Deadline for receiving applications is 20th of December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum