Duration: as soon as possible-31.08.2018 with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Office Manager based on a full-time contract to support the Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings Project in Ankara.
The Office Manager’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The office manager is responsible for
- ensuring that the secretariat runs smoothly
- good communication flow, particularly with the project director
- daily operational performance of all administrative tasks for the project director and the entire office
- filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in office management/administration or similar area
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- excellent knowledge of Turkish and English, German an asset
- good management and organisational skills
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter stating their qualifications and previous professional experience to the following email address: email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Office Manager in Ankara). Deadline for receiving applications is 30th of May 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum