The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 Mio. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/tuerkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Public Health Officer based on a full-time contract to support the Project in Gaziantep.
The Public Health Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Public Health Officer is responsible for
- Planning and follow-up of capacity development measures with health directorates and GIZ health partners.
- Maintaining close relationship with health partners and stakeholders (NGOs, UN, Health cluster, Health directorates etc.) and other relevant inter-sectorial actors,
- Take part on coordination activities and meetings to harmonise measures with other international actors operating locally.
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Essential Degree in medicine and/or Public Health.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, manage and adapt management style according to need;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to convene stakeholders and facilitate processes among UN, NGOs, national health authorities and donors;
- Producing results
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing and implementing academic and/or educational health training programs
- Minimum of 4 years field experience in coordinating health programs in conflict or post – conflict settings
- Experience in health and/or capacity building assessments
- Experience in health systems strengthening desirable.
- Experience in NGO capacity development desirable.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Ability to communicate and write fluently English and Arabic
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fomenting integration and teamwork;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter stating their qualifications and previous professional experience to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Public Health Officer in Gaziantep). Deadline for receiving applications is 26th of February 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum