The International Organization for Migration is seeking qualified Turkish nationals and non-Turkish nationals holding a valid residence permit for the following position based in Ankara, Turkey.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the National HR Officer, the incumbent will carry out day to day administrative requirements for the IOM Ankara Office in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, process and follow-up on actions related to visas, approvals and registrations of a wide range of administrative matters and pro-actively communicate and follow up on the following:
- Issuance of Diplomatic and Official Visas.
- Issuance and renewal of MFA ID Cards and provide monthly reports to HR.
- Takrir and customs exemption for the Diplomatic and Official Vehicles.
- License renewal of the Diplomatic and Official Vehicles.
- Fuel quota periodic approval for the Diplomatic and Official Vehicles.
- Takrir and customs exemption for the staff personal effects shipments.
- Takrir and customs exemption for the Diplomatic and Official shipments.
- VAT pre-approvals for the mission bulky and large purchases.
- VAT refund for the CoM personal purchases.
- Renewing the staff MFA VAT cards for the office purchases.
- Provide timely feedback on the relevant areas of administration activities in accordance with the requirements.
- Liaise with the logistics/procurement unit for all the logistical related files.
- Liaise with relevant Embassies to facilitate the issuance of international visas for international and national staff travelling on official duty.
- Ensure that files and records of outgoing documents are maintained and updated in the timely manner.
- Maintain and consolidate an updated record of government contacts and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Provide specialized secretarial support to the office and during meetings.
- Assist and guide newly arrived International staff with real estate, housing and issuance of visa/work permit for their domestic staff as necessary.
- Ensure record keeping and maintenance of all relevant correspondence. Create and maintain filing and reference system, following IOM guidelines. File research as/when needed for colleagues seeking particular documents.
- Ensure management and confidentiality of IOM files and records;
- Provide overall administrative support in the day-to-day management and functioning of the Mission.
- Act as back up for COM’s assistant during the latter’s absence.
- Perform informal translations as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Finance and admin work experience;
- Proven ability to prepare clear and concise reports and coordinate administrative activities;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular experience using MS Office such as Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities with good analytical skills.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)