Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Migrant Assistance National Officer, and the overall supervision of the Migrant Assistance Programme Manager in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the AVRR activities of the mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in the implementation of projects in the Migrant Assistance Division, which can include, but is not limited to, tasks ranging from assistance in organizing workshops, meeting and conferences, implementation of visibility campaigns, facilitating donor visits, conducting monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Provide support to the implementation of the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) program, including specific return counseling services and provision of extensive information to vulnerable migrants in Turkey.
- Organize and facilitate journeys home in co-operation with relevant Turkish governmental authorities (Provincial Directorates of Ministry of Interior Directorate General of Migration Management), while giving special support to cases requiring it.
- Lead the liaison with relevant partners on issues relating to Migrant Assistance and ensure good information flow with them.
- Coordinate the provision of direct assistance to particularly vulnerable migrants in Turkey in coordination with relevant counterparts and partners, including assisted voluntary return and reintegration and provision of other tailored support for vulnerable migrants.
- Support the Migrant Assistance Programme Manager and National Officer in conceptualization of new project ideas, directions and initiatives in the area of assistance to vulnerable migrants including establishment and development of the relevant partnerships with government, non-governmental and private sector actors.
- Contribute to project development and monitoring and evaluation initiatives of the Migrant Assistance Division.
- Coordinate the production of all communication and reporting of the Migrant Assistance Division including agendas, factsheets, minutes, and training materials.
- Represent IOM Turkey’s Migrant Assistance Division activities at meetings, conferences and other events, as necessary.
- Act as focal point for participation in relevant United Nations or interagency fora relating to Migrant Assistance.
- Assist in the organization of events such as capacity building workshops and meetings, as required, including being responsible for administrative and logistical arrangements, and where deemed necessary, delivery of presentations, facilitation of sessions, or other substantive content.
- Regularly liaise with relevant government counterparts and UN agencies to ensure smooth and efficient implementation of programme activities.
- Research, compile and present information relating to migrant assistance for public information activities, including for social media.
- Undertake duty travel within Turkey as well as abroad as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- Having a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field,
- 5 years of experience in relevant field,
- Willingness and ability to travel,
- Good familiarity with diplomatic environment
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions
- Experience working in the region an advantage.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Pashto, Dari, Arabic, and/or Urdu would be a distinct advantage.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance country office objectives
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 27 November 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite, Lise
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)