VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. MAR/SA/2018/SYR1056
Post Title: Activity Supervisor
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: 8 months (incl.2 months’ probation period) with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 06.06.2018
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Senior Activity Supervisor job description
Commitment: Various depending on the activity being managed,
Report to: Project Officer
Basic Function: Plan and supervise a workshop, seminar, course or activity on behalf of WHH.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop an activity plan together with Project Officer, technical experts
- Support the planning of the activity and the marketing/awareness raising to invite participants to the activity.
- Be the first and last person at the activity
- Contact the participants as necessary if there are issues or cancellations
- Provide emergency assistance as appropriate, first aid etc
- Track attendance and submit monitoring and evaluation as necessary
- Liaise with bus driver if transport is provided
- Report concerns to WHH project staff
- Supervise the activities on behalf of WHH
- Liaise with the Security Officers/security focal points in field through providing updated information on security situations, significant events and community tensions in a community
- Comply with Welthungerhilfe policies and practice, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that safeguarding standards are understood and met.
‘’All activities will be in English’’
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency in English (speaking, reading and writing) and strong Arabic abilities are required. Speaking proficiency in Turkish a strong asset
- Knowledge in one of the following areas
- Supporting children
- Vocational training such as cooking, jewellery making, pottery, metal work
- Experience supervising courses or activities
- Bachelor’s degree in English Teacher
Send complete CV and cover letter to Gelbaşla.com.
CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references
Email subject line should read: MAR/SA/2018/SYR1056–Activity Supervisor Mardin.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum