Post Title: Expert Finance Administrator
Duty Station: Mardin
Duration: 1 Year Contract with 2 Months of Probation Period
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: March 27, 2018
The position is based in Mardin with frequent travels to İstanbul.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
In the South East of Turkey, WHH implements projects assisting Syrian refugees outside the camps to meet their essential needs through the provision of assistance.
Objective of the position
The objective is to implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
Description of duties:
- Ensuring that project funds are correctly managed according to the specifications of Welthungerhilfe and co-financers.
- Ensuring that documentation of data, account assignment and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in bookkeeping Software
- Ensuring costs are cleared internally within a project or between projects (correct allocation of costs).
- Preparing documentation that Head of Project and/or PPO can assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
- Preparing annual account documents in cooperation with Head Of Project and Head Of Finance in Country Office.
- Preparation of refunds/returns/final fund request to donors
- Instructing, advising and supervising of local administrative staff.
- Making purchases and awarding of contracts according to valid regulations (of Welthungerhilfe and co-financers)
- Monitoring and correctly processing relief supplies and other equipment, particularly in terms of compliance with import regulations, monitoring inventory accounting, physical inventory inspections.
- Correctly managing project inventory and vehicle fleet.
- If applicable: Supporting PO implement project according to co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe standards.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields
- Working experience: Working experience on a similar position for minimum 2 to 5 years. Preferably, working experience in the development and/or humanitarian sector.
- Skills/knowledge: – Knowledge on Turkish accounting and financial systems
– English and Turkish writing skills, for example drafting reports
– Knowledge on Turkish Labor Law and its implementations
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, motivated and willing to take the initiative, good negotiating skills, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English and Turkish is a must (written & spoken), Arabic is an asset.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Expert Finance Administrator
to gelbasla.com no later than March 27, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum