Post Title: Field Officer (MRD/SYR1052/FO/2018)
Location: Midyat, Mardin / Turkey
Duration: 12 months with 2 months of probation
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 24.03.2018
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
In the South East of Turkey, WHH implements projects assisting Syrian refugees outside the camps to meet their essential needs through the provision of food aid. In Syria and Northern Iraq, WHH implements projects to meet the basic needs of IDPs through the provision of food, hygiene and gardening kits.
Description of duties:
As part of the project team, the field officer will have to fulfill following tasks and
- Conduct field visits to beneficiary households for assessment and monitoring interviews
- Maintain and update existing lists of visited households, and report findings/updates back to team on a daily basis
- Contribute to reports based on field visits
- Act as the representative of Welthungerhilfe in the field, through communicating in a clear, friendly manner with beneficiary families and others
- Provide oral translation as needed
- Other tasks as the needs arise
In addition to the above, the Project Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
- Working experience: At least 1 year of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Able to use a tablet and to enter data electronically
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality, good communication skills, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic essential, and fluent in at least one of the following languages: Turkish, English (an asset)
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Field Officer (MRD/SYR1052/FO/2018) to gelbasla.com no later than 24th March, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum