Post Title: Head Of Project (National or International Staff)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Antakya, Turkey
Benefits: Competitive Package
Application Closure Date: 31.05.2018
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- Objectives of the position
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until December 31, 2018. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Antakya, Turkey (TR). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required, particularly to the other project locations in Hatay province as well as Kilis Province.
As Head of Project (m/f) you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of Case Management and Cash for Work Activities of Welthungerhilfe in the project region according to the prescribed content, organizational, temporal and financial framework as well as for a partner implemented activity in NW Syria. The project is carried out in accordance with WHH standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer (German Foreign Office).
- Duties and area of responsibility
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
- The Head of Project carries out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe’s standards for the implementation of projects.
- The Head of Project is responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget.
- He/she is responsible for correctly and duly completing end-of-month accounts.
- He/she examines and signs end-of-month accounts.
- He/she is responsible for project purchases according to the approved procurement budget.
- When purchases are made locally, the Head of Project is responsible for observing internal or external procurement directives.
- He/she is responsible for carrying out regular petty cash controls.
- He/she is responsible for the financial report (final report).
- He/she prepares and/or examines distribution reports.
- He/she prepares status reports according to Welthungerhilfe standards or the rules of donors.
- He/she is responsible for bringing the project to an orderly conclusion.
- He/she is responsible for the security of staff involved in the project and for the implementation of the security plan.
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility
- Prepares and supervises visits (journalists, staff from Head Office, representatives of co-financers, etc.)
- Performs other tasks which arise during the course of an assignment in the country.
2.3 Activities and duties of the position (not of relevance to the assessment)
- He/she develops the project management system of the above mentioned project in WHH project areas and also supervises the activities in the project areas of implementing partners.
- He/she attends and advocates (in consultation with CD, the Alliance 2015 partners and the WHH Country Team) in relevant UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- In close cooperation with CD and WHH Country Team, he/she liaises with local stakeholders and authorities, as well as with current and potential future donors present in the country (Gaziantep, Antakya).
- He/she stays in close contact with HoS and WHH Staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments.
- He/she stays in close cooperation with WHH Country Team, and improves linkages with national organisations/NGOs
- He/she assists in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and CD
- Identification and examination of new project ideas
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members
3.1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in social sciences or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- Several years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region and in the sector of protection and/or cash assistance
- very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Co-operation and team skills
- Very good oral and written command of English, command of German is an asset
- Social skills
- Social skills
- Cooperates with others when goals are mainly the same
- Intercultural competence
- Leadership skills
Disciplinary leadership of staff in several projects
Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to email@example.com by 31/05/2018 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Email subject line should read: Job Application – Head Of Project, Antakya-SYR1038
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum