Post Title: Head Of Project (National or International Staff)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Starting: 1st of August,2018
Benefits: Competitive Package
Application Closure Date: 25/07/2018
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- Objectives of the position
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration for one year. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Istanbul, Turkey (TR). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required, particularly to the other project areas.
The aims of the job are to manage and implement programmes and projects on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer.
The Head of Project is responsible for the operative implementation of the project and the appropriate use of funds. He/She is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s regional office.
- Duties and area of responsibility
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
- The Head of Project carries out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe’s standards for the implementation of projects.
- The Head of Project is responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget.
- He/she is responsible for correctly and duly completing end-of-month accounts.
- He/she examines and signs end-of-month accounts.
- Is responsible for preparing (does not apply if there is a PA in the project) or examining inventory accounting.
- Is responsible for project purchases according to the approved procurement budget.
- When purchases are made locally, the Head of Project is responsible for observing internal or external procurement directives.
- Is responsible for controlling inventories.
- Is responsible for carrying out regular petty cash controls.
- Responsible for the financial report (final report).
- Prepares and/or examines distribution reports.
- Prepares status reports according to Welthungerhilfe standards or the rules of donors.
- Is responsible for bringing the project to an orderly conclusion.
- Is responsible for the security of expatriate staff and national staff involved in the project and for the implementation of the security plan.
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility
- Prepares and supervises visits (journalists, staff from Head Office, representatives of co-financers, etc.)
- Performs other tasks which arise during the course of an assignment in the country.
2.3 Activities and duties of the position (not of relevance to the assessment)
- The Head of Project develops the project management system of an ECHO funded protection program in Istanbul and other areas of the country.
- She/He maintains communication and coordination with the donor and all other relevant stakeholders
- She/He is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the partner’s activities under this project
- She/He ensures the compliance with Turkish legislation in implementing protection projects and maintains close communication with the relevant Ministries for the implementation of such activities.
- She/He attends and advocates (in consultation with CD and the WHH Country Team) in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings.
- She/He stays in close contact with HoS and WHH Staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments.
- She/He initiates and undertakes capacity building of WHH Staff and Partner Organizations: Methods and Concepts, Best pract25/07/2018ices in M&E, CHS.
- In close cooperation with WHH Country Team, she/he improves linkages with national organizations/NGOs.
- In close cooperation with CD and WHH Country Team, she/he liaises with current and potential future donors present in the country (Gaziantep, Istanbul).
- She/He assists in further program and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Program Department and Country Director.
- Identification and examination of new project ideas
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members
3.1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in social sciences or a comparable specialized qualification suitable to the position
- Several years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organizations, preferably in the region
- very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Co-operation and team skills
- Very good oral and written command of English, command of German is an asset
- Social skills
- Social skills
- Cooperates with others when goals are mainly the same
- Intercultural competence
- Leadership skills
Disciplinary leadership of staff in several projects
Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 25/07/2018, at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Email subject line should read: Job Application – Head Of Project,ECHO-SYR1062
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum