Post Title: IT and Data Management Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 2 Months (with 2 months of probation and possibility of extension)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 18.10.2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Description of Duties:
Under the direct supervision of Head of IT and Head of Logistics of Welthungerhilfe-Turkey, the IT & Data Management Officer provides efficient and effective support to the IT-related issues assigned to him/her.
Responsibilities of the IT Officer:
- Keep control and records of the stock of IT and Communication equipment.
- Prepare data collection with Akvo Flow on tablet computers/mobile phones.
- Information management, data analysis and data visualization.
- Offer IT support within WHH Turkey, Syria, and Lebanon offices, including documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for training and supporting end-users with computers, printers, mobile devices, and any other IT device as necessary
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining WHH Turkey, Syria and Lebanon network devices (Switches, Access points, Routers)
- Support the logistics department of Welthungerhilfe in IT equipment procurement
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving system and network problems (hardware or software faults)
- Ensure IT Security Management in the WHH Turkey Offices.
- Managing and monitoring databases.
In addition to the above, the IT and Data Management Officer may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Logistics.
- Education: : Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology
- Working Experience: 3 years of working experience in IT related position.
- Skills/knowledge: Proficient in MS Office package, databases, statistics, and data collection tools, operating systems, networks, knowledge of Syrian crisis and the current situation
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor
- Language Skills: English is required (written & spoken), knowledge of Arabic and Turkish is an advantage.
The IT and Data Management Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 18.10.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.