Position: IT Assistant
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Department: Administration – IT Information Technology
Start Date: ASAP
Global Communities’ (GC) Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
The overall responsibility of the IT assistant will be providing IT support to all employees in order to ensure the efficient operation of the office. IT Assistant reports to IT Coordinator.
The IT Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Receives and responds to support requests. Documents incidents, interaction, and solution within Service Desk application. Communicates status of problems to users.
- Installs and maintains user’s hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Maps printers and network drives.
- Provides staff with the basic training on the usage of any new software or technology device adopted by the office.
- Maintains hardware and software; collaborates with IT coordinator and Headquarters IT Services to ensure the efficient operation of the computing environment.
- Administers the operating systems, database, network software, and interfaces.
- Understands and applies the information security policies.
- Familiars with remote systems software, and provides remote support, if needed.
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory.
- Provides support on the maintenance, repair, and procurement of hardware and software.
- Renewing and tracking all software licenses and Ensure that all software is licensed.
- Adheres to the organization policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and any relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Planning and prototyping new applications. Designing the architecture of the components of an application.
- Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data, Gathering requirements from clients and users, Create and maintain software documentation.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases and building databases using (MySQL, MS SQL).
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments.
- Problem solving and fixing bugs in existing projects
A university degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a related area (in both helpdesk and software developing).
- Past work with NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Experience working with network and server management support.
- MS office (Excel and Outlook) Advanced skills.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, JQuery
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, hardware, and upgrades.
- Training ability/experience a plus.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Arabic speaking/writing skills also highly desirable
Turkish citizenship/dual citizen is preferred.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 13 June , 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.