Duration:as soon as possible – 31.12.2019
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Junior Advisor on a full-time contract to support the QICS Project in Gaziantep.
The Junior Advisorresponsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Junior Advisor is responsible for
- providing support to the Project Director and the International and National Advisors in technical tasks and in carrying out overall and project management
- communication with implementing partners, NGOs and other Syrian actors
- coordinating activities funded by the project
- carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of the project
- carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project/project
- providing support to the Project Director in carrying out project activities
B. Required qualifications and experience
- university degree in an area that is related to the project objectives (Public Administration, social sciences, economics, urban planning, civil engineering, etc.), with a focus on a relevant field
- minimum of two years’ work experience in this area
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programmes)
- native Arabic speaker and good English language skills
- experience of project management and research experience in an area related to the project’s requirements is desirable
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com, (max.3MB) with the reference of (Ref: Junior Advisor in QICS)latest by 15th of January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.