Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of National Project Coordinator and Inclusive and Democratic Governance Portfolio Manager, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Create high-impact design through illustriations, logos, data visualizations, infographics, presentations, posters, etc. for a variety of audiences;
- Meet beneficiary representatives to support identification of their needs and liaising regularly with them;
- Support for drawing up detailed website specifications;
- Support in design sample page layouts including text size and colors;
- Support in design graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
- Present initial design ideas to beneficiary representatives;
- Support in editing content and re-designing web pages;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor degree in faculty of graphic design, animations radio and television or related field.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in web design, photoshop, illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools;
- Having strong typographical, conceptual and design skills, illustrative skills including development of icons and infographics;
- Basic knowledge in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Turkish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Web and graphic design, Database design, administration and maintenance, Other information and telecommunications technology experience
Area of expertise details:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is an asset.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Only Turkish nationals are eligible to apply