Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin or Idleb, the Laboratory Technician is under the line management of the Facility Manager.
- Recording and reporting
- Other related tasks
- Laboratory Testing
- Collect samples to analyse body fluids, tissue, and/or other substances;
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts;
- Test biological specimens to gather information regarding patient conditions;
- Analyse laboratory specimens to detect abnormalities or other issues;
- Prepare biological specimen for further laboratory analysis
- Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease;
- Laboratory Housekeeping
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment;
- Clean medical equipment or facilities;
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use;
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment;
- Ensure sterile environment for the laboratory
- Maintain a clean environment;
- Recording and Reporting
- Record patient or treatment data or findings;
- Consult Medical Professionals to determine final diagnosis;
- Inform Medical Professionals regarding patient conditions and care;
- Analyse and record test data for reporting purposes;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Other position related tasks
- Participate in any specialised responses, as requested;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Degree in relevant scientific subject such as biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, life science or medical technology from accredited Medical school;
- 1-year experience in Chemistry Techniques, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing and Procedures;
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management;
- Dedication to patient safety and quality of healthcare
- Required: Arabic
- Preferred: English.
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Intellectual & Physical
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment
Strategic and Long-Term Impact
- Commitment to organisation’s values and vision
- Ability to lead standardisation of care
Communication & Information flow
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 10-06-2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.