- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
- Under the technical guidance from DTLA, advise senior management in Turkey on legal matters, and collaborate with other team members;
- Provide legal services relating to Turkish law which include but is not limited to the review and drafting of legal documents including contracts and MOUs, provision of legal advice, liaison with MSYD’s headquarters legal staff on various documents and issues pertaining to the operations on;
- Conduct legal research and draft legal memoranda, with special emphasis on associations law, law of obligations, labor law, humanitarian law, medical law, foreigners and international protection law, temporary protection, real estate law, commercial transactions, regulatory licensing, basic customs procedures, and compliance matters;
- Draft court documents, attend court hearings when necessary, follow up litigation and debt collection proceedings in-house or via external legal counsel, and provide regular updates to DTLA and CD;
- Assist DTLA and external counsel with administrative tasks,
- Follow up with correspondence, documents, approvals, licenses, and license renewals with government bodies;
- Minimize legal exposure of the organization and proactively ensure legal compliance by regularly screening new legislation, regulations, and administrative decrees concerning the organization’s programs, and sending regulatory updates to DTLA;
- Closely work with all key staff in Turkey to identify operational and contractual risks, and advise all departments in Turkey on Turkish legal risk control and mitigation strategies;
- Research, review, amend and draft various human resource and employment policies, procedures and templates to ensure that the human resources procedures are in compliance with all laws and regulations;
- Advise and follow up with residency permit and work permit applications;
- Maintain a positive image of MSYD in dealing with relevant ministries and officials while diplomatically and effectively negotiating desired outcomes for the country program;
- Develop, conduct and manage regulatory compliance training programs for senior management in Turkey, human resources, procurement, logistics, and other departments in Turkey to best ensure compliance with Turkish law and protection of MSYD’s interests in all transactions;
- Assist in translation and proof-reading of legal texts;
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by CD or DTLA.
Knowladge and Experience
Valid Turkish ID required
- University degree Law; preferably with a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Turkish; Proficiency in Arabic is a plus
- Proven capabilities in leadership also required
Mülteciler ve Sığınmacılarla Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma ve Destekleme Derneği (MSYD), bir sivil toplum kuruluşu olarak, mülteci hakları, doğal afetler, krizler, çatışmalar, insan hakları ihlallerinden etkilenmiş birey ve toplulukların ihtiyaçlarını, sorunlarını, yaşam koşullarının iyileştirilmesini ve temel gereksinimlerin karşılamalarına katkı sağlayan bir insani yardım kuruluşudur.