International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Legal Advisor/Assistant(Turkish Nationality) according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children.
Position: Legal Advisor
Position Place: General
Job Duration: February, 2020, - September 30,2020 Full Time
- In coordination with the InfoHub Manager, to develop a coordinated, efficient, and measurable protection program for all beneficiaries by aiding the Hub and keeping up to date on legal systems.
- To organize one-on-one and group sessions with the beneficiaries in order to provide the necessary guidance for benefiting from the rights envisaged in accordance with domestic and international legal frameworks.
- To provide the whole legal consultancy process with the beneficiary with a personal and step-by-step approach.
- Accompanying the beneficiaries for discussions or transactions with the authorities, if necessary.
- Regularly inform Syrian refugees about their legal, civil, social rights, residence status, legal aid, marriage, divorce, birth, death, and property acquisition rights.
- Work closely with other staff, experts, and translators in the hubs and find holistic solutions to problems.
- Prepare petitions or other formal requests to government authorities when necessary.
- To direct vulnerable persons or other lawsuits to relevant stakeholders, UN agencies or other NGOs when necessary, and to accompany them to the relevant organizations when necessary.
- Regularly conduct legal research and inform the InfoHub Manager of the relevant legal developments.
- Monitor national and international news channels for relevant social, legal and political developments and engage with government officials, partner organizations and individuals.
- Regular reporting of common problems and needs of migrants and refugees in access to rights and services
- Write reports to help lawyers prepare for cases when they deem necessary.
- Provide general experience sharing in coordination with case workers.
- To act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially regarding child safety, and to support other team members to comply with the same sensitivities.
- Participate in all trainings and orientation meetings that may sometimes be held during weekends.
- To fulfill any other ad hoc duties to be delegated by the affiliated InfoHub Manager and to work within the general needs of the project when necessary.
- To ensure that the project runs in a healthy way in cooperation with all personnel. Avoid any kind of behavior and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may suffer psychological or physical harm.
- Graduates of Faculties of Law (completion of law internship will be an asset).
- Having competency on Human Rights Law, Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law at the national and international level.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in a similar field.
- Having high communication skills and speaks fluently and effectively.
- Having a good command of English.
- Having competency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of human rights law.
- Knowledge of Turkish national law on Foreigners and International Protection.
- Experience or interest on Syrian context.
- Arabic-Turkish-English is required.
- No military service liability for male candidates until November 2020.
- Turkish Nationality is a must.
IBC (UA Mavi Hilal)
Since more than 19 years, IBC has been working to help in alleviating human sufferings, hunger, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age, and sexual orientation, genetic and physical features.