|Uluslararası Mavi Hilal İnsani Yardım ve Kalkınma Vakfı (IBC)||İstanbul|
- In coordination with the Info Hub Manager, to develop a coordinated, efficient, and measurable protection program for all beneficiaries by aiding the Hub and keeping up to date on legal systems.
- To organize one-on-one and group sessions with the beneficiaries in order to provide the necessary guidance for benefiting from the rights envisaged in accordance with domestic and international legal frameworks.
- To provide the whole legal consultancy process with the beneficiary with a personal and step-by-step approach.
- Accompanying the beneficiaries for discussions or transactions with the authorities, if necessary.
- Regularly inform Syrian refugees about their legal, civil, social rights, residence status, legal aid, marriage, divorce, birth, death, and property acquisition rights.
- Work closely with other staff, experts, and translators in the hubs and find holistic solutions to problems.
- Prepare petitions or other formal requests to government authorities when necessary.
- To direct vulnerable persons or other lawsuits to relevant stakeholders, UN agencies or other NGOs when necessary, and to accompany them to the relevant organizations when necessary.
- Regularly conduct legal research and inform the Info Hub Manager of the relevant legal developments.
- Monitor national and international news channels for relevant social, legal and political developments and engage with government officials, partner organizations and individuals.
- Regular reporting of common problems and needs of migrants and refugees in access to rights and services
- Write reports to help lawyers prepare for cases when they deem necessary.
- Provide general experience sharing in coordination with case workers.
- To act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially regarding child safety, and to support other team members to comply with the same sensitivities.
- Participate in all trainings and orientation meetings that may sometimes be held during weekends.
- To fulfil any other ad hoc duties to be delegated by the affiliated Info Hub Manager and to work within the general needs of the project when necessary.
- To ensure that the project runs in a healthy way in cooperation with all personnel. Avoid any kind of behaviour and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may suffer psychological or physical harm.
- Graduates of Faculties of Law (completion of law internship is asset)
- Having competency on Human Rights Law, Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law at the national and international level
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of human rights law
- Knowledge of Turkish national law on Foreigners and International Protection
- Experience or interest on Syrian context
- Having competency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of Turkish and English languages. Arabic is advantageous
- Teamwork and Cooperation (L3)
- Stress Management (L3)
- Behavioural Flexibility (L3)
- Results and Quality Orientation (L3)
- Commitment to IBC Principles (L3)
How To Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should submit the application form HERE by uploading English CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest for the position no later than May 17,2021.
- Applications by phone will not be accepted.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview.
The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.