Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Liaison & Safety Officer in Hatay.
The position is to be filled by May, 2021, with a contract duration until 31.12.2021. Employment location will be Hatay, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
As part of the project team, the Liaison and Safety Officer will be responsible for fulfilling following tasks and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Sr. Liaison Officer, the Liaison and Safety Officer provides efficient and effective support to Sr. Liaison Officer in conducting his/her duties covering WHH activities in Hatay office; in particular:
- Representing WHH in meetings with Government departments and I-NGO-level-fora, (if need be: with other stakeholders or target groups) according to agreed scope of action.
- Identify and evaluate main governmental actors in the activity area and liaise with them according to organization policies in coordination with Senior Liaison Officer.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the local authorities, to maintain the community acceptance, and facilitate the requested permissions to implement our activities.
- Sharing relevant information with authorities regarding planning, project implementation and monitoring.
- Keep abreast of the latest data/developments/schemes, necessary for liaison implementation to prepare appropriate reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required.
- Accompany to all project meetings with authorities in consultation with Senior Liaison Officer, provide translation if needed, write meeting minutes and report to Senior Liaison Officer and related HoPs. Keeping a track record of the minutes of all meetings.
- Support program implementation teams for Hatay in linking them with government sectors involved in humanitarian activities. Assure/support/enable/facilitate coordination and communication between partners and HOPs and Senior Liaison Officer.
- In coordination with Senior Liaison Officer, support projects when they want to prepare MoUs, protocols, agreements etc. draft and track permission letters from the government of the assigned district(s).
- Preparing and acquiring approvals for meetings and conferences on behalf of WHH from local government.
- Ensure the timely submission of daily/monthly/yearly reports.
- Prepare, organize and implement coordination-meetings with relevant partners on ongoing/planned advocacy-activities and possible new challenges within agreed scope of action and common advocacy agenda in coordination wit Sr. Liaison Officer
- Inform staff about possible behaviors or risks that will not comply with WHH policies.
- Support/ensure Sr. Liaison Officer about keeping track record of incoming and outgoing documents.
Under the technical supervision of Risk & Security Advisor, the Liaison and Safety Officer provides efficient and effective support to the Risk & Security Advisor in conducting his/her duties covering WHH activities, staff and assets in Hatay office; in particular:
- Obtains information from different sources; media, social media, people at all levels of society, in varied organizations (local authorities, UN agencies, NGOs and civil society groups) that have knowledge of current events in Turkey, and distills this into a clear and concise account of events.
- Tracks and analyzes conflict patterns in assigned region and reports on how this may impact WHH programming and writes independent reports in relation to research and analysis findings to Security Risk Advisor.
- Assists in the compilation of routine weekly, monthly, quarterly, and periodic security reports.
- Supports the security function by providing regular reporting and the compilation of incident reports.
- After security incidents have occurred, provides an analysis of what happened and provides ‘lessons learned’ recommendations.
- Assists in the implementation of documented procedures in relation to security, safety and incident management.
- Attend and actively participate in the relevant external security related meetings in the absence of the Security Advisor or as requested.
- Support the Risk & Security Advisor in the drafting and reviewing of security related SOPs and security management/policy documents.
- Ensure that the vehicles have appropriate security equipment and conditions.
- Ensure WHH offices are appropriately secured meets minimum standards.
- Ensure that firefighting equipment well maintained, and staff trained on its use.
Support the HR department based in Gaziantep with administrative duties related to contracts, leave requests etc.
- Cross check the contracts prepared by Gaziantep Office
- Collect necessary signatures (from HOP and Employee)
- Send the contracts to Gaziantep HR team
- Print the payslips sent by Gaziantep HR Department and collect the signatures on monthly basis (until the set deadline). Share these payslips with Gaziantep HR Team.
- Collect the leave forms of the employees. After sharing the leave form copies with HR Department, keep them into employee folders
- All the necessary documents related to employee folders has to be kept in place with full signatures and scanned to share with Gaziantep HR Department regularly.
- Collect the documents from new hires. Scan and share with Gaziantep HR team.
- Collect the necessary signatures from new hires
- Support supervisor to provide analyses on Turkish media reports relevant for Welthungerhilfe’s work in the region.
- Support/ensure that field teams are following WHH visibility rules.
In addition to the above, the Liaison and Security Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Supervisor.
- Education: A Degree in relevant field (Social Science & International Relations, Humanities, etc.)
- Working experience:
Preferably at least 2 years of working experience in Liaison, Communications, Public Relation, security, etc. in a non-profit organization
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulatory frameworks
- Objective analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills (presenting complex information coherently and succinctly).
- Presentation, training and group facilitation skills
- Ability to coordinate complex projects, including the ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to consult, liaise, and build effective relationships with a diverse range of individuals and groups.
- Able to demonstrate a resourceful, resilient, and solution-focused approach in challenging environments.
- Ability to obtain information from multiple sources, and through analysis and experience, is able to refine this information into a clear description of events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to motivate others, attentive to detail, co-operative, team player, good humor.
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others. Ability to prepare and write official analytical reports.
- Willingness to solve complex problems.
- Ability to translate between Turkish and English or English to Turkish.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Turkish (written & spoken) and English (written & spoken). Arabic (spoken & written) is an asset.
The Liaison and Safety Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 19, 2021.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.