Position: Livelihoods Consultant to conduct market assessment for refugees in Turkey
Reports to: Deputy CD
Duration: 3 Weeks
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities
The consultant/ organization will develop a market needs assessment that will support the development of a livelihood project that will be submitted to a donor for a two-year program. The program is anticipated to focus on providing livelihood opportunities for refugees in Turkey, with a focus on persons with disabilities, in areas of high refugee concentration. Key outputs of the consultant include:
- Examine the findings of the current livelihood project and extract the main findings (both positive and negative points) and lessons learned.
- Review the last market needs assessment conducted by RI in 2019.
- Review the current Stakeholder and institutional mapping of livelihoods projects in Turkey and update it when needed.
- Finalize system mapping and SWOT analysis for livelihoods framework including opportunities and risks of expanding the project geographical coverage from Istanbul to dd other locations in Turkey..
- Desk review of the last update research in livelihoods programs with specific focus on refugees/persons with disabilities
- In coordination with RI and INGEV, conduct key informant interview with relevant stakeholders (government/NGO/private sector)
- Analyze and summarize contextual opportunities and constraints for wage/self-employment with an emphasis on refugees and suggest new work models to strengthen the project.
- Review of policies and practices relating to employment, enterprise development, access to work, etc.
- Prepare summary of key findings and recommendations, including status and results of new and on-going projects, to be presented to the Senior Team.
- Draft and Final Report of Market Assessment
- Stakeholder and Institutional Analysis
- Provision of all questionnaires developed as well as answers from various interviews, etc.
- Companies/Individuals applying for the position should be legally registered in Turkey and be able to provide invoice.
- Have previous experience in research and assessment in Turkey preferably in livelihood.
- Consultant (s) should have advanced university degree (development studies, development economics, agriculture economics, and labor economics) or related field.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant practical field experience in livelihoods or similar programming
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessments for proposal development
- In-depth knowledge of policy and regulatory environment in Turkey
- Familiarity with community-based, participatory approaches
- Fluency in Turkish and English required, Arabic a plus
All information pertaining to the project (audio, digital, cyber, project documents, etc.) belonging to the client, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of RI who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without written permission of RI.
Contractual Arrangements and Supervision
Within the agreed period, the consultant will be hired under RI terms of contract and supervised by RI solely for delivering the above outputs. RI as the client shall provide necessary support to the Service Provider in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy.
Equipment for the Assignment
No equipment will be purchased or provided by RI. Any equipment needed to complete this assignment will be provided by the consultant.
- Payment will be released upon RI’s acceptance of final deliverables following constant review by RI.
- As the position is based remotely, RI will not cover for any accommodation, transportation (including transportation to and from project locations within and between cities), per diem or any other kind of allowances.
- The service provider’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, financial proposal, and examples of similar work conducted in the past by January 30, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Livelihood Consultant
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All RI staff, volunteers and interns must adhere and respect this values
- All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.