Livelihood Officer (Cooperatives)
Job Title: Livelihood Officer (Cooperatives)
We are looking for a Livelihood Officer (Cooperative)
Position Scope: Responsible for organizing project events and procuring external services for the cooperatives. The incumbent will set up the Social Design Workshops, facilitate the procurement of in-kind support for cooperatives and follow-up with cooperative members.
INOGAR is a social non-profit cooperative established in 2018 with the objective to organize resources for social change and economic independence. INOGAR’s main areas of work include: advancing socio-economic studies, empowering disadvantaged groups through livelihood innovations and income generation, helping eradicate poverty through Fair Trade, and contributing to the development of corporate capacities of social cooperatives. INOGAR has contributed to designing and conducting various entrepreneurship and cooperative training programmes for the capacity building of refugees and vulnerable host community members in Turkey.
About the Project
In December 2021, Save the Children, along with its Turkey country partner INOGAR Cooperative, will kick-off an extensive support project to strengthen the socioeconomic inclusion of marginalized, at risk refugee and host community youth through protection and livelihood services. The Project will be anchored through the establishment of a Youth Center in Esenyurt to foster inclusion and solidarity amongst refugee and host community young people to contribute to broader social and economic inclusion of refugees. The three-year Project will seek to contribute to durable solutions by reducing vulnerability of targeted young women and men, by providing Mental Health and Psychosocial Services and livelihood programs, and by establishing youth-led cooperatives which will continue to provide livelihood opportunities and promote social cohesion after the end of the project.
Within the framework of this project, two social cooperatives will be established. Through a series of Social Design Workshops with the selected cooperative members/founders, the sectors of the cooperatives will be determined during the course of the project. The social cooperatives will be designed to provide socio-economic development and livelihoods elevation within their communities by providing job creation, especially for women, serving as community focal points for cohesion and reinvesting a portion of their profit on community based activities and programs. Selected youth will be provided with in-kind awards to enable small business start-up, which may include additional training and/or equipment and supplies as well as mentorship and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics or other related fields,
- 2+ years of work experience,
- Experience in organizing training and events,
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship and business processes related to social cooperatives,
- Proficiency in English, at least B2 Level,
- Being bilingual or advance knowledge of Arabic is highly preferred,
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office Programs and Google Drive,
- Understanding the barriers and issues faced by vulnerable young people,
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes,
- Able to establish good communication with different groups,
- Highly organized and prioritize workload effectively.
- Organize and manage project events,
- Manage the procurement of external services for the cooperatives,
- Oversee the Social Design Workshops to be held with the selected cooperative members/founders,
- Facilitate the procurement of in-kind support (materials, equipment, and external services) for cooperatives,
- Communication and follow-up with cooperatives,
- Perform other organizational duties as needed.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.