I – Position Summary
CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
This Livelihoods Project Manager position is based in Gaziantep and will manage staff based in Gaziantep and Sanliurfa. S/he will be required to travel regularly to field sites in southern Turkey and some overnight stays in locations other than the base location may be required.
Under the Head of Programs guidance and supervision, the Livelihoods Project Manager will manage the implementation of the project in her/his portfolio, including managing staff in the Refugee Team directly implementing these grants. In addition, it is expected that the LivelihoodsProject Manager will ensure that all grants are implemented in a manner that ensures the highest accountability standards for internal (partners, client/beneficiaries and CARE country office and CI members) and external(donors) clients. The LivelihoodsProject Manager will ensure that all work plans are prepared and implemented according to schedule and assist the Head of Programs with the coordination of appropriate technical expertise required for the successful and accountable (donor and CARE) implementation of the program.
II – Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Project Management and Accountability (50%)
- Manage the successful completion of assigned projects including coordinating staff and plans on a day to day basis to ensure the effective and accountable management of CARE projects.
- Ensure CARE implements grants in a manner that meets contractual obligations including all donor and CARE policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct regular team meetings with Refugee Team staff to ensure the project is implemented as per agreed work plans and to support them to do this.
- Facilitate program reporting and information flow to the Head of Programs to complete CARE/donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure that accountability mechanisms are implemented according to agreed procedures.
- Prepare donor reports and ensure all reporting to the donor are within agreed timeframes.
- Monitor project expenditures in coordination with the care Head of Programs.
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational.
- Coordinate and collaborate with technical specialists as needed.
Job Responsibility #2: Program Development (20%)
- Assist the Head of Programs to develop new program ideas
- Maintain a sound understanding of the developments in Syria and Turkey, and the needs and opportunities for response programming in Turkey
- Prepare budgets and work plans for new proposals
Job Responsibility #3: Staff Supervision and Representation (30%)
- Supervise, coach and mentor, assigned project staff
- Represent CARE at appropriate NGO/UN forums and working group coordination mechanisms
III – Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Development Studies or relevant technical field (e.g.Management, Economics, Engineering)
- Five years of work experience of which at least one in a not-for-profit humanitarian organization.
- Experience in managing and implementing humanitarian and development programs/projects
- Experience in managing/supervising staff
- Knowledge of the Syria crisis context
- Excellent project management experience in complex emergency contexts.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Familiarity with projects involving large-scale procurement.
- Familiarity with projects involving community-based and/or protection activities
- Good knowledge of vulnerability assessment/beneficiary selection processes and approaches.
- Gender awareness and a commitment to gender equality.
- Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Strong awareness of safety, security and risk management best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies or relevant technical field (e.g.Management, Economics, Engineering)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offers accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or a rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**