Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Qah Idlib, the Logistic manager is under the line management of the Field Coordinator and technically reporting to Logistic Coordinator.
- Logistics Documentations and Archiving
- Stock Management
- Fleet Management
- Other related tasks
- In charge of preparation of the annual procurement plan for the project in close coordination with medical team.
- Supervise and manage the procurement process according to DDD procurements procedures and guidelines.
- Do the pre-qualified suppliers list according to market assessment and update it every six months.
- Carry out market analysis, record suppliers, collect relevant documentation.
- Maintain suppliers’ individual files with relevant administrative documentation. Maintain supplier tracking sheet.
- Use lists of recommended suppliers provided by UN agencies, other NGOs. Able to explain why selected suppliers have been invited to bid.
- Prepare RFQ (collect quotations and/or tender request) and communication with suppliers.
- Follow-up the procurement papers according to procurement procedure of DDD.
- Work in close collaboration with the medical team in relation to the logistics needs for all the Health Facilities.
- Internal logistics audit for all the logistics documents before submitting the advance settlement to make sure that all the documents are in line with the procedures.
- Prepare and draft rental contracts according to DDD templates providing required inputs about technical specifications of rented properties.
- Prepare Bed of Quantities for rehabilitation and construction works in coordination with program and engineering consultancy.
- Logistic documentations and archiving
- Prepare the needed documents for the procurements (PSR Purchase Service Requests, Quotations, Evaluation Grid, Purchase Orders…etc) and make sure of the validation.
- Support line manager in the advance open/settlement in line with DDD log and finance procedures.
- Collect invoices and organize then/translate them to match the finance requirements.
- Follow up the procurement files and all related logistics documents and organize them in the logistics archive in a systematic way.
- For services: Facilitate delivery of services, collect memo from most technically sound DDD personnel for completion validation. Ensure period of guaranty, aftersales service is mentioned.
- Attach GRN (goods receiving notes) to procurement file with supplier’s invoice and transfer file to finance for payment.
- Assist the line manager in following up all documents which related to logistics work.
- Supervise the log documents such as log book, fuel follow up and equipment follow up on regular bases.
- Keep the follow up on purchase follow up and procurement tracker and update monthly,
- Ensure that Purchase Procedures and other logistic documents is well archived both in soft copy and hard copy;
- Stock Management
- Organize and follow up the logistic stock inside warehouse using stock cards.
- Follow up the movement of all items through stock cards and inventory report.
- Make monthly inventory report and share with management.
- Make fuel consumption report with analysis on monthly bases and share with management
- Update the Master Asset List on monthly bases
- Do verification for lists of inventories regularly, (physical count) using all DDD tools to manage inventory.
- Check and record all the received goods and put them in warehouse and under supervision of Line manager.
- Ensure that all items are organized and stored as well as possible (cleanliness, security, accessibility, serial numbers).
- Prepare and sign the Good Receive Note for all the procured materials
- Fleet Management
- Schedule, route, maintain, and track transport vehicles according to required activities.
- Coordination with Medical team to prepare the weekly movement Plan of vehicles and provide to Log team accordingly.
- Communication with security department to facilitate movement clearance and authorization for trips out of duty station.
- Ensure Fuel log book is well implemented by the driver for each vehicle and analyse consumption.
- Ensure vehicles are regularly maintained by the suppliers out of working hours;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Prepare a monthly logistic narrative report about the activities accomplishes, achievements and challenged facing.
- Support line manager in preparation of SitRep regarding logistic activities.
- Any other report requested by the line manager
- Other related tasks
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform the DDD team about logistics issues.
- Report any work-related security issues to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties if requested by the line manager.
- To participate actively to Logistics meetings/workshops.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University degree
- 3 years’ experience in similar position with NGOs
- Required: Fluent in Arabic and English (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft OFFICE package
Intellectual & Physical
- Good net-working and communication skills,
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honesty with a high level of integrity; a team-player with good planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision
- Diplomatic, Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 23/08/2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.