Post Title: Logistic Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 11/02/2019
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer provides efficient and effective logistics support to the projects assigned to him/her, :
- Inventory Control of Supplies
- Transporting and Distributing Supplies
- Maintaining all logistic records
Responsibilities of the Logistician:
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, he/she manages and processes supplies requests for the relevant projects.
- Ensures the proper functioning of supply chain including procurement planning
- Procurement of relief items according to WHH rules and regulations
- Planning commodity schedules for project activities in close cooperation with relevant project staff.
- Organizing, and if necessary undertaking, local purchases ensuring adherence to established procedures.
- Ensure documentation on receipt of goods.
- Coordinate with the Transport/Shipping Officer the dispatch of goods to project areas in Syria and Turkey.
- Liaising with the Suppliers for all local purchases.
- Maintain and update suppliers list.
- Implement effective control of assets, inventory and property management.
- Implement proper control and monitoring procedures for all contracts
- Drafting of contracts/agreements
- Facilitate communication between logistics team and other departments.
In addition to the above, the Logistician may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Logistics Manager.
- Position open to Turkish nationals only
- Education: Master’s University Degree in relevant subject
- Work Experience: 2 years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Skills/knowledge: Computer competences in Microsoft Office
- Social Skills; Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor.
- Language Skills: English and Turkish required (written & spoken), German and Arabic are advantageous
The Logistic Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Logistic Officer (SYR1067) to the email provied in the apply button no later than 11 February 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.