Logistics Admin Officer
Location of position: Gaziantep, Turkey
List of main tasks:
- Management of the cashbox in Gaziantep for the NWS mission.
- Ensure the payments and advances are made in accordance with Solidarites and donors procedures.
- Check that the translation accounting documents is well done
- Ensure a final check of supporting documentation, and the archiving of accounting documents according Solidarites International procedures
- After the approval of the administrator Manager, scan on a monthly basis the accountancy
- Make sure that a soft copy of all months of accountancy is properly saved and archived on a hard drive
- Prepare the transfer of physical accountancy to Gaziantep
- In consultation with Logistics Manager, make the local purchases by ensuring the quality and cost competitiveness
- Carry out regular market surveys to update the price lists and vendor databases for turkey
- To collect the quotations from different vendors and submit to the logistics department for evaluation /selection
- Compose and archive all the purchase documents/ files.
- Negotiate prices, delivery deadlines and transport methods
- Ensure the establishment of professional relationships with suppliers/ service providers
Management of equipment/telecommunications/IT:
- Update the equipment park statement and carry out the physical inventory for Turkey hub
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and tracking of SI equipment and materials
- Update antivirus software and other Windows’ applications based on the IT maintenance plan
- Support in the physical backup of all computers and data-protection procedures upon the request of line-manager
- Under instruction of the Log Co assistant will eensure the timely maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Assist and train the users in day-to-day ICT problems such as logging into the network, printer connectivity, data backup etc.
Supervising the maintenance and follow up of SI’s premises and infrastructures:
- Following up the consumption of office and guesthouse supplies for the timely replenishment
- Under instructions of the direct manager, he /she will ensure all SI facilities meet standard living conditions and basic services such as water, electricity and heating, are well-maintained
- Check that all SI installations and buildings conform to SI safety and security guidelines (closures and doorways in a good state, fire extinguishers and first aid kits are present etc.)
- Coordinate with the landlords for the needed repair and maintenance works in SI premises
Movements and accommodation:
- Working with direct manager and deputy log manager to organize and execute the movement plan for SI Turkey staff
- In close connection with the Logistics Manager and the Deputy Logistics Manager, arrange the airport pick up and drop off for SI staff and visitors.
- In conjunction with line-manger, organize the accommodation for SI staff and visitors in Turkey, either in guesthouses and/or in the hotel
- Arrange the transportation of goods/materials with proper purchase and handover documentations
Reporting & Others:
- Participate in internal logistics meetings and update the team about ongoing tasks and issues
- Provide regular reporting on logistics activities to line manager upon his/her solicitation
- Report any log and security related tasks to the supervisor
- Support the logistics team in AZA when requested.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by line-manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Administrative, Economics, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in the same field.
- Languages: Arabic, English will be required and Basic Turkish.
- Professional at the computer Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in the humanitarian principle
Final date for applications: July 25th, 2020