General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator the Logistics Manager is responsible for ensuring sound Logistics practices are developed and maintained across all GOAL offices in Turkey. The Logistics Manager is expected to work in close collaboration with colleagues both in logistics and other departments to efficiently service the needs of GOALs programme and support teams. While the Logistics Manager will be based in Antakya extensive travel to other GOAL offices is required.
Duties & Objectives
Stores Management: Ensure that all GOAL stores and stocks in Turkey are properly managed and maintained, minimising losses and ensuring programmes have access to stocks, and stock records, as and when required:
- Support the Logistics Coordinator establish and maintain adequate storage capacity for evolving programme needs,
- Ensure stock is received into, and issued from, stores in accordance with GOAL logistics manual and procedures,
- Ensure that accurate stock records (goods in dockets, delivery dockets, stock cards etc.) are maintained as per the GOAL logistics manual and procedures,
- Ensure that stock counts are completed are per GOAL procedures and stock reports are submitted to the Logistics Coordinator in a timely manner,
- Ensure that all stock is handled properly and with appropriate care during loading and unloading to prevent any stock damage,
- Monitor minimum stock levels (indicated on stock card) and inform the Logistics Coordinator as appropriate.
Transport Management: Oversee the smooth operation of day-to-day GOAL transport functions in Offices in Turkey (both GOALs fleet and external transport services):
- Ensure that efficient transport management plans are prepared,
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods between GOAL offices in Turkey,
- Ensure that all GOAL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with regards to safety and security of transportation are implemented and adhered to in the Goal Turkey Offices,
- Ensure that accurate and timely monthly Fleet reports are prepared,
Assets: Ensure that all GOAL assets are properly managed and accounted for:
- Ensure all GOAL assets are recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per GOAL Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements,
- Ensure that all asset movements and assignments are updated on the FAR by the Logistics Officer who is responsible for FAR Management,
- Ensure scheduled physical asset checks are completed as per standard requirements set in Logistics Manual, including coordination with Finance department for monthly and semi-annual Assets checks,
- Ensure that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of GOAL assets from staff at the end of their time working for GOAL,
- Ensure that all actions and paperwork related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, transfer, loss and damage of assets are properly authorised and approved. Manage donation-in-kind of assets as per standards and requirement of the Logistics Manual
Premises Management: Oversee the smooth operation of all day-to-day GOAL accommodation functions in GOAL Offices in Turkey (both GOALs offices and residential properties):
- Ensure that daily duties of the cleaners is accurate.
- Ensure all utility payments for all offices and premises are complete on time
- Ensure requests for lease renewals are made in advance; liaising with Logistics Coordinator and Security & Safety Advisor on issues relating to security of premises and report any security concerns and relevant security information promptly.
Northern Aleppo: Support the capacity development of the Logistics team in Northern Aleppo both remotely and directly through visits.
- Work with the Area Management Team for Northern Aleppo to identify key weaknesses within the Logistics team, develop and implement training strategies to address these needs,
- Provide coaching to Northern Aleppo Logistics staff on all aspects of logistics operations as needed,
- Contribute to Weekly Logistics Reports;
- Any other duties as directed by the Logistics Coordinator, System Director in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department
- Facilitate regular logistics meetings within GOAL Syria
- Provide logistics inductions and trainings for the new coming logistics and non-logistics personnel
- Work with LC to identify logistics staff requirements and assist in recruitment
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or tasks and the Logistics Manager is expected to perform other tasks as assigned by the Logistics Coordinator. GOAL’s work in Syria is rapidly growing and changing and GOAL reserves the right to change the job title, description or duties, having reasonable regard to your skills. Employees are expected to assume new assignments enthusiastically and perform to the best of their abilities. GOAL anticipates that in the performance of daily activities there will be some tasks requested of the employee that are not stated in this job description. It is therefore an additional responsibility of the employee to be flexible regarding additional roles and responsibilities assigned.
- Previous experience experience working in logistics and excellent knowledge of the standard logistics procedures.
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures;
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to motivate and instruct employees in the organization
- In possession of Turkish ID
- At least 4 years proven management experience
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in Turkish and English both written and spoken.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 29 October 2019.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.