General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
With the support of the Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics Officer is responsible for implementing and managing sound Logistics practices in the Goal Turkey Offices. The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting LC and logistics team in facilitating the day-to-day operation of fleet, asset, premises, stores and communications functions within Goal Turkey Offices. The Logistics officer is expected to work in close collaboration with Senior Logistics Officer by providing technical support and assisting daily logistics operations in GOAL Ankara Office.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Support Senior Logistics Officer by ensuring that GOAL Ankara assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per GOAL Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Tracing the physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Logistics Manual, including coordination with Finance department in monthly Assets checks in GOAL Ankara premises.
- Support Senior Logistics Officer by ensuring that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of GOAL Ankara assets from staff at the end of their time working for GOAL.
- Ensure that all relevant reports, required authorisations and paper work is maintained up-to-date and on file as per standards and requirements set in the Logistics Manual in GOAL Ankara Offices.
- Ensure that labelling any newly purchased or donated assets are finalized in timely and proper manner according to Logistics Manual for GOAL Ankara Offices.
- Support Senior Logistics Officer by preparing asset management documentation including Asset Receipt Certificates, GDD, DD etc. and uploading the files to SP.
- Ensure that GOAL Ankara printers are ready to use by tracking the cartridges and regular services/repairs.
- Ensure to contact the relevant suppliers for equipment/printer’s services/maintenance for GOAL Ankara Offices.
- Support Senior Logistics Officer on monitoring stock levels of Ankara office and houses (accommodation) consumables and running stocks, grocery, household items, kitchen consumables are tracked and ordered in timely manner.
- Ensure to arrange all the activities and requirements for work related and social events, trainings, gatherings when required in GOAL Ankara offices.
- Support Senior Logistics Officer on finalizing all utility payments for all Goal Ankara Offices and premises on time.
- Ensure that regular health and safety checks are carried out for the Ankara offices, houses, and compounds. (e.g. fire extinguishers, fire / smoke alarms, fire evacuation procedures, fire blankets, first aid kits, drinking water, garbage disposal, repairs & maintenance etc)
- Ensure that all maintenance and repair to GOAL Ankara premises is kept up and performed appropriately when required.
- Ensure that all regular check and services for air conditioners, printers etc.in GOAL Ankara premises are kept up and performed in timely manner.
- Ensure to contact the relevant organization for paper recycle in GOAL Ankara Offices when required.
- Support Logistics Officer by monitoring cleaning activities in GOAL Ankara Offices.
- Oversee the smooth operation of day-to-day GOAL transport functions in Goal Ankara Offices (both GOALs fleet and external transport services)
- Support the Fleet Officer oversee the management of vehicle fuel, share logbooks and other fuelling data as required in GOAL Ankara Office
- Ensure to track GOAL Ankara Offices cargo movement and arrangement of the GOAL driver.
- Support to team in the implementation of transport management plans when required.
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods from GOAL Ankara Offices to other GOAL Offices.
- Ensure that all GOAL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with regards to safety and security of transportation are implemented and adhered to in the Goal Ankara Offices
- Support the Logistics Coordinator establish and maintain sufficient storage capacity in adequately support programme activities in GOAL
- Ensure that stock is received and issued to and from stores in accordance with the GOAL logistics manual and procedures ensuring that all necessary documentation is complete.
- Ensure that all stock is handled properly and with appropriate care during loading and loading to prevent any stock damage during transport, loading/unloading and storage.
- Ensure that accurate stock records are maintained as per the GOAL logistics manual and procedures; ensure that store cards etc. are kept fully up-to-date and ensure that stock counts are completed are per GOAL procedures.
- Ensure stock reports are submitted to the Logistics Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Monitor minimum stock levels (indicated on stock card) and inform the Logistics Coordinator as appropriate.
- Ensure that all warehouse and supply chain documents are well kept and filled in an orderly manner (Goods in Docket, Delivery Dockets, etc.)
- Contribute to Weekly Logistics Reports;
- Any other duties as directed by the Logistics Coordinator, System Director in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Logistics Officer is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Ability to write, speak and work in English and Turkish
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel)
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Trustworthy and honest
- Experience at working in multicultural environment
- Experience in logistics
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 12 December 2020 .
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.