SPARK works with the private sector to create job opportunities for local youth among host communities & refugees in Turkey, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. This dynamic programme was designed in partnership with local companies, chambers of commerce, private sector, NGOs and governments to create employment for youth and is financed by several donors.
The Match up Specialist will create new partnerships with larger SMEs/employers and multinational companies operating in the countries the programme is active in. He/she will inspire business leaders to engage with the programme and mobilize their support, whilst ensuring the programme is useful to them as well. The manager has a demonstrated existing relevant corporate network that can be mobilised towards the programme.
The Match up Specialist has extensive experience in the private sector. A background in working in commercial job placement agencies or similar is strongly preferred. The Match up Specialist will lead the match-up component of the programme in the region, starting with Jordan and Turkey. This consists of identifying vacancies with companies directly and through our partners such as chambers of commerce. Besides job placement, the specialist will engage in corporate job placement and internship programmes with our partner universities, and provides continuous technical support to the local partners such as private employment providers, chamber of commerce, career centres of universities, etc. She/he is also expected to travel between the target countries.
He/ she has a strong hands-on & can do mentality and can be found mostly outside of the office working with corporate partners. He/she enjoys working from time to time under pressure, can deliver results under pressure and blends in with our corporate partners.
As a new member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible to deliver new partnerships with corporate partners to the programme. S/he is expected to initially travel between the target countries Turkey and Jordan with the other countries following suit later in the year.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Expand the network of companies in the target countries that have open job opportunities, both directly and through our local partners such as chamber of commerce;
- Work with the partners to identify the job opportunities/ vacancies and match these to candidates from our network, both local youth among host communities as well as refugee youth;
- Leads the engagement with public, and/or private employment service providers, the chambers of commerce, business associations as well as career centres for unemployment to match the programme beneficiaries with the career opportunities and jobs,
- Ensure the training and skilling component of the programme partners is of direct relevance to the needs of the corporate partners;
- Work with the partners to match job seekers with available vacancies and place them in jobs,
- Select and enrol programme beneficiaries in vocational education programmes that are linked to labour market demand and work with these institutions that the curricula are adjusted to the needs of the corporate partners,
- Provide technical input and feedback on progress reports and impact evaluation reports as well as project proposals,
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in private sector development, especially in (temporary) job placement, preferably in commercial job placement and job/talent scouting;
- Ability to build consensus amongst wide range of views and complex personal and inter-organisational dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills,
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and working level proficiency in English and Turkish is highly desirable;
- Citizenship of the country to which you are applying;
- Ability and willingness to travel between Turkey and the Middle East.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment in one of the fastest growing SME development initiatives in the region;
- Remuneration based on experience, SPARK salary grid and the country Jordan (from 1.800 – 2.200 JOD gross) or Turkey (1.800 – 2.500 EUR net).
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 02 August 2020. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process and the location that you are applying for.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
SPARK is responding to the higher education crisis for Syrian refugees and vulnerable youth residing in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq/KRG. A lack of opportunities can lead young adults into poverty, radicalisation or to take the dangerous journey to Europe. By offering young people a chance to continue their education in the region, an educated workforce will be available to rebuild Syria once the conflict is over.