General Description of the Programme
GOAL is an international humanitarian organization has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb and Aleppo Governates, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), through support to local water unites, nutrition, shelter, livelihood, humanitarian coordination, as well as a comprehensive emergency support programme to recently displaced households. GOAL Syria has support offices in Turkey and Syria.
GOAL is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager who demonstrates strong technical skills to build GOAL and its Partners M&E capacity, support in reporting and tools development, and streamlining GOAL and partners processes and methodologies.
The role reports directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
Job Responsibility #1: Support to Programme Quality
% of Time: 40%
- Develop M&E plans, data collection plans, and monitoring tools (qualitative and quantitative) to track and monitor project performance and effectiveness in line with the M&E annual plan.
- Develop and update Monitoring Frameworks for the programmes, bringing together tools and outlining systems.
- Engage in the use and uptake of ICT solutions including digital data collection and automated data visualization and reporting.
- Provide data and evidence of needs and effective programming for proposal design.
- Keep the SCORE up to date and submit to HQ at the relevant reporting periods by consolidating GOAL and its partners results.
- Participate and represent GOAL Syria in local and regional workshops and seminars.
- Develop data gathering plans and harmonize data collection, analysis and reporting flows.
- Assess the quality of collected data for the indicators and ensure that data pitfalls and issues, are mitigated.
- Coordinate routine data quality audits conducted in different sites, compile results at the level of a project and develop actions plans to implement corrective measures.
- Coordinate with GOAL and its partners M&E teams to prepare for assessments and evaluations according to the proposal and grant cycle.
- Ensure the quality of M&E products for GOAL, through reviews, mentoring and on the job learning.
- Participate in reviewing the programme indicators review sessions as needed
Partners Engagement and Support
% of Time: 30%
- Standardizing the M&E approaches used by GOAL and partners, including monitoring tools, SoPs, and guidelines, conducting trainings and orientation sessions on the harmonization of application.
- Perform Data Quality Audit for GOAL partners, and ensure documented results and recommendation are share with partners.
- Review GOAL Partners M&E products and provide technical feedback as needed
- Provide technical support to GOAL Partners Monitoring Team (PMT), and review its products as needed.
- Be the M&E focal point for GOAL’s partners and lead the GOAL and partner M&E monthly meetings.
% of Time: 10%
- Support M&E staff in Syria in data processing, analysis and preparation of monitoring and assessment reports based on primary and secondary data.
- Write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports, and monitoring reports) and executive summaries.
Training and Capacity Building
% of Time: 20%
- Coordinate with Turkey/Jordan-based and Syria-based GOAL and Partner M&E professionals to develop and implement joint training modules on M&E principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and support to GOAL’s M&E Division in Syria and Partner M&E staff on monitoring plans, tools, methodologies, data analysis and reporting.
- Provide capacity building, technical support, and training to GOAL and its partners on all areas of M&E.
- Conduct trainings on quantitative and qualitative techniques for data collection for M&E, program and partners.
- Any other task as allocated by the M&E Coordinator
Requirements (Personnel Specification):
- Completed university degree in any Social Sciences discipline, Statistics or other relevant field OR commensurate work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with M&E activities, including at least 2 years in humanitarian programming .
- Proven experience in indicator development, log-frames, M&E plans, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in providing capacity building in remote settings
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills with MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Familiarity with digital data gathering software packages (CommCare, Kobo ToolBox, ONA or similar)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Turkish citizenship is required
- Experience in two or more of the sectors such as WASH, food security, livelihoods, nutrition, and shelter programmes in humanitarian contexts.
- Strong partners management skills is a district advantage
- Experience in remote management
- Understanding of database design (SQL, C#).
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as MS Access, SPSS, Stata
- Knowledge of Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standards
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 06 October 2021.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.