Post Title: M&E Officer
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Closing Date: 05/06/2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities.
The M&E Officer will work directly with the project team in Mardin and communicate with MEAL department in Gaziantep office. Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure that all information and data from the field are captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner.
- Work with the MEAL department in Gaziantep to design M&E related tools and activities for project monitoring
- Conduct monitoring activities of partners’ activities for ongoing/completed activities
- Communicate regulalry and closely with both partners, to be up to date on their activities, and the status of implementation
- Provide technical guidance and support on monitoring to partners’ staff (M&E and otherwise)
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys of project activities to assure the project goals are being met and that the WHH team is able to constantly improve the quality of program implementation
- Maintain and gather project statistics regarding beneficiary numbers and profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the project
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents
- Draft and send monthly reports on WHH project activities to the HoP and the office in Gaziantep
- Perform other duties that may be assigned on an ad hoc basis
University degree in Statistic, Computer/IT science or any other relevant discipline
Minimum two years of experience in working in a relief or development NGO in a similar function related to M&E.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior work experience and knowledge of M&E tools and methods
- An understanding of the humanitarian context in Turkey, beneficiaries’ profiles, and the context of working in Turkey
- Strong computer and accurate record keeping skills are required (MS Excel, MS Word at a minimum)
- Ability to communicate with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries in a friendly, non-judgmental manner and to stay calm even in stressful situations and when being challenged
- Pro-active mindset, that is open and willing to identify problems and to look for solutions pro-actively
- Good command of English and Turkish. Arabic or Kurdish is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel within Turkey as needed.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 05/06/2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.