Organization Name : RET International
Position Name : M&E Specialist
Duty Station : Ankara
Contract Length : Date to hire - December 31, 2019
RET International headquartered in Geneva Switzerland, with offices around the world, is an independent, impartial, non-partisan organisation, with no religious or political affiliation. RET International was founded in 2000 to address the dire need for education in emergencies in fragile contexts for vulnerable young people affected by displacement, violence, armed conflict and disasters.
Mission: What does RET do?
At RET we are committed to assisting communities to meet the educational needs, in the broadest sense, of YOUNG PEOPLE made vulnerable by displacement, violence, armed conflict and disasters.
RET International Values:
The M&E Specialist ensures that RET’s operations have a robust M&E system in place that produces high quality reporting regarding program results for beneficiaries and evidence of impact for accountability to stakeholders. Reporting to the Country Director, s/he is responsible for providing programme-specific M&E technical assistance and support for M&E and Reporting staff and program management staff on monitoring systems, evaluation planning, and learning activities. S/he will also utilize tools, templates, and guidance to support teams to enhance data and results reporting.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University Degree in social sciences, statistics, public policy, international relations or related field. Master’s degree related fields is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and/or program learning preferably with a focus on protection and/or development.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required
- Strong training skills and the ability to work across teams and with associates and build capacity for reporting against project indicators
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, with proven understanding of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in refining data collection tools, designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems, data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in EU Project Proposal writing skills
- Experience in EU Project Management is highly desirable and EU Project Technical Assistance will be a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in working with refugees and disadvantaged groups
- Computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel. Additional information on STATA/SPSS and other software are welcome.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation Strategy
- Support successful implementation of programs, ensuring appropriate M&E platforms are set up and project staff are oriented in M&E approach.
- Cultivate participatory planning and monitoring by engaging primary stakeholder groups in M&E activities
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project
- Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learnt
- Support teams on program cycle steps (situational analyses, performance evaluations, assessments)
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Support M&E team in monitoring all protection programme activities, progress and bottlenecks and maintaining program files and documentation, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success;
- Conduct monitoring visits to project sites. Support the development of appropriate M&E tools and the collection of program data from program sites
- Provide regular evaluation reports beneficiary satisfaction, needs and demands. Ensure participation from beneficiaries in program development, implementation, and evaluation and feedback mechanisms for accountability
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops, as well UN agencies thematic meetings (WG, IA, etc.)
- Develop and update capacity-building plan for staff
- Provide inputs for Programme Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned and documentation, as well as with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Support in the selection, training and support of qualified project staff
- Draft proposals, under the direction of RET Regional Technical Adviser in consultation with Country Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management.
NOTE: Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our organisation and wish you all the best in your career.