Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Idlib - Qah, the MEAL Assistant Idlib is under the line management of the Field MEAL Officer.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Data collection
- Data Entry
- Other related tasks
- MEAL Cross-cutting Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with Field MEAL Officer regarding the workplan, working locations, and MEAL tools to be used.
- Take account of gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns in the implementation of data collection.
- Arrange documents and ensure required data is completely collected to be submitted to Field MEAL Officer.
- Based on approved weekly and daily plans, make all necessary arrangements for activities in relevant communities.
- Set a good example of self-care. Identify stress sources and support solutions or constructive coping behaviors.
- Communicate and coordinate data collection, receiving/ collecting feedback/ complaints.
- Join and facilitate Health Committee meetings with representatives from the medical team to gather feedback and complaints from community members.
- Document all complaints and feedback collected and submit to MEAL Manager and archive in binders.
- Discuss and coordinate responses with Field MAEL Officer, and communicate responses as outlined by internal Feedback Standard Operating Procedures.
- Explain and introduce the feedback mechanisms to staff and communities when needed.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Conduct Monitoring Visits of DDD and partners’ activities and health facilities, in collaboration with Medical and MHPSS teams, using provided monitoring methodology.
- Receive/ collect all monitoring and evaluation forms and other MEAL paperwork and submit to Field MEAL Officer.
- Participate in Assessments, Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant interviews, other tools and debriefing after assessment.
- Test tools and share feedback with Field MEAL Officer.
- Inform Field MEAL Officer and Security Focal Point in case of any incident that may have an impact on the safety of DDD team, beneficiaries or partners.
- Work in line with DDD security policies, protocol and procedures.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by Field MEAL Officer.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- High School Diploma (mandatory);
- University degree (preferred).
- At least 2-years work experience in M&E.
- Required: Arabic (oral and written);
- Preferred: English.
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with data entry apps.
Intellectual & Physical
- Strong writing and numeracy skills.
Team Management & Delegation
- Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstance
- Ability to multitask
Communication & Information flow
- Ability to work with local/ community partners;
- Ability to effectively take and give direction.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 12.07.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.