Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International responds to the humanitarian crisis created by the conflict inside Syria since 2012. Programs are implemented in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria and Türkiye.
In support of our work in Türkiye / Syria, Malteser International is looking for a Kilis and/or Gaziantep based,
MEAL Assistant (m/f/d)
As MEAL Assistant under guidance of the MEAL & Communication Officer, you will be part of the MEAL Team.
- Support the MEAL and Communication officer in the activities as per advice and guidelines.
- Regular communication and coordination with the supervisor to learn the updated MEAL tools, tasks, processes and time-schedules of completing the tasks.
- Being fully aware and cautious about the sensitivities of gender, protection, data protection rules and other related cross-cutting issues in collection, compilation, narration, presentation and sharing of the MEAL data, information and reports.
- Receive/collect and compile monitoring and evaluation reports from the partners as well as from other external/internal sources and submit those to the supervisor as per guidance.
- Coordinating with the supervisor to fix the weekly and daily work plans and set priority of the tasks.
- Conduct monitoring visits to partners’ office and implementation areas/facilities as per guidelines of the supervisor.
- Identify issues for improvement in the procedures of the existing MEAL activities and tools; and share the ideas with the supervisor.
- Working and following up the feedback and complaints activities as per guidance of the supervisor.
- Update the FCRM Tracker on regular basis.
- Any other related MI tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and compliance with the data protection regulations in sharing official information, data, pictures, reports, etc. with external parties.
- Introduce and explain organizational MEAL related tools and procedures to the partners of Malteser International whenever needed as per suggestion of the supervisor.
- Field visits to the project sites in Syria if asked by the supervisor based on the overall security situation.
- Participate in partner assessments process, different external and internal meetings, verification missions, etc. as per advice of the supervisor.
- Substitute the supervisor’s roles in the absence of the supervisor whenever requested for.
- Carry out any other relevant duties – according to professional capacities and position in the organization – as assigned by the MEAL & Communication Officer.
- Turkish citizenship.
- Fluent in English both in written and spoken skills. In addition, Arabic skills will be highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, economics, accounting, or any other related fields.
- At least 2 years of work experience in data collection and analysis using formative tools and softwires.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox, Power BI and data collection tools required.
- Experience of working with NGOs us highly desirable, particularly in Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Eligible, able, and willing to travel project areas in north-west Syria depending on the security situation and requirements of the organization.
- High standards of moral and ethical values.
- Interpersonal skills to work as a team in a multi-cultural team.
- Flexibility and adaptivity to adjust with the values and work-culture of Malteser International.
- Good time management skills to get the tasks done in time with optimum quality.
Starting Salary: Monthly net Euro 920 (Nine Hundred and Twenty).
Period of Contract: One year with 2 months of probation period as per Turkish Labor Law.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a rejection letter.
If you are interested in this position, candidates will submit the related documents through mail to: email@example.com
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diploma and three professional references) by 12th February 2023.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
D-51103 Cologne / Germany
Personal data consent form for candidates
We provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. During acute crises, teams from Malteser International are on the ground as soon as possible to provide emergency medical care, and ensure the supply of food and other essential aid materials as needed. Supporting the health of the person in an integrated way is the central aim of our work.