MEAL Coordinator (Emergency Recruitment) (Turkish citizenship) (Ref: SYD-TR-GAZ-031)
|Suriye Yardım Derneği||Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
About Suriye Yardım Derneği:
We are one of the leading Syria-focused charities in the world. We provide lifesaving and life-changing Support to millions of Syrians annually through emergency interventions, providing medical facilities, food, clean water, shelter, orphan support, protection, and education. Through our parent charity, Action For Humanity, we also work further afield.
Syria Relief was established in Manchester, UK, at the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011. Dismayed at the rapidly unfolding crisis in Syria, a group of friends of Syrian heritage came together to provide emergency humanitarian aid in the region for what has initially assumed to be a short-term project. Since then, we have grown to become the largest Syria-focused charity in the UK and have touched the lives of 10.3 million people in need.
We are focused on providing medical care, food aid, education, protection, and access to water and shelter to the millions of Syrians displaced across the region. As well as establishing long-term projects such as schools, healthcare clinics, and livelihood.
Vacancy: MEAL Coordinator (Emergency Recruitment) (Turkish citizenship)
Qualifications and Education Requirements: University degree preferred graduate with bachelor’s in business management, information technology, statistics science, or another related certificate
General Work Experience: At least two years’ work experience in M&E is preferred. At least three years of work experience in the humanitarian sector is preferred. Training and capacity-building experience especially in M&E.
- Languages: Fluency in written and oral Arabic, advanced proficiency in written and oral English
- Computing Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, and Power Bi.
- Knowledge of some of the following mobile technologies: Kobo, ODK, cloud databases, and familiarity with mobile devices are strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and research design.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating, and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization, and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical
- Work overtime when required
- Strong interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the SYRIA RELIEF M&E System from the Turkey Office
- Lead the creation and implementation of need, market, and vendor assessments.
- Work with program teams to assist in projects’ tools development, checklists, monitoring, and evaluate
- ion frameworks and plans in addition to the selection of indicators and targets.
- Raising and following up on all documents related to implementing project M&E activities (HPO, PR, DWR, PRF, CWP…etc.) within the appropriate time of the work plan.
- Communicating with partners’ M&E team regularly to agree/update about project M&E activities and report timeframe.
- Capacity building for Syria M&E staff in both humanitarian and M&E fields.
- Supporting Turkey M&E officer/ Syria senior M&E officers in coding, cleaning, and analyzing data process.
- Finalizing all project-related M&E reports (DM, PDM, Pre/Post KAP, Base/End-line, IPTT verification, etc.) within the agreed timeframe.
- Coordinating with the accountability officer for tracking, responding, and documenting all project complaints.
- Assess the information and database to ensure that data is being collected and managed promptly and effectively.
- Archiving all M&E documents and reports on the Syria Relief server on weekly basis according to the folder structure.
- Conduct field monitoring and evaluating visits for the spot-check M&E system.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting, and acquittal of project activities by the humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures.
- Understand and carry out his duties by humanitarian principles, core values, Child Protection Policy, the Code of Conduct, and SPHERE.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Comply with the Syria Relief confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to Syria Relief practices and beneficiaries.
- Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: MEAL Manager, Head of Programs, Project/Program Managers, M&E Officer, Accountability Officer, Field Staff.
- External: Partners’ MEAL staff and MEAL coordination bodies.
- Physical Requirements/Environment:
- Ability to travel to Syria for oversight, management, and training purposes.
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods while accompanying/training M&E Field Staff or meeting deadlines.
"Suriye Yardım Derneği is committed to protecting children and the most vulnerable groups in society (women, older people, disabilities, and others) from any harm or sexual abuse, or exploitation through the commitment of its employees to the organization’s policies (such as the code of conduct, child Safeguarding, prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation PSEA policies), and It is forbidden for Suriye Yardım Derneği employees inflict harm on children or vulnerable groups or carry out acts of harassment or sexual exploitation of children and adults, directly or indirectly, inside or outside the organization, during or after working hours."
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided email of the HR department of Suriye Yardım Derneği (HR.Turkey@syriarelief.org.uk) with the job code “SYD-TR-GAZ-031 in the subject line.
Deadline: April 01st, 2023
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged
SYD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted