Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of position
The MEAL Coordinator establishes and implements systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, Program and project performance, and internal management. The MEAL Coordinator will contribute to quality programming by supporting access to and using relevant and timely information on Program scale, relevance, and effectiveness. Within this context, the MEAL Coordinator will provide technical support to Bahar’s staff pertaining to MEAL and build capacity by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient, and meaningful MEAL systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherences to Bahar’s policies, guidance, and procedures
- Supports and contribute to the development and implementation of MEL systems, including MEL SOPs, guidance, and tools.
- Participates in Program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for MEL.
- Supports Program staff in planning for and executing MEL, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis, and use.
- Supports the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in Program development, adjustment, or review.
- Contributes to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of MEL support staff on MEL technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervises and mentor MEL support staff in executing MEL plans.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager and technical supervisor
- Develops MEL tools for gathering information/data from the field and keeps up to-date data required for timely and quality reporting.
- Makes sure complete and accurate project information are reported timely to the MEL Manager with necessary disaggregation.
- Supports in planning for and executing MEL activities, including data collection methodology and tools development, data management, analysis and use, and clear maintenance of means of verification documentation.
- Supports the area teams to improve the quality of monitoring, evaluation, and accurate reporting, including training on MEL tools
- Implements project-level assessments, including PDMs, baseline surveys using mobile data collection methods, outcome measurement, and multisector area level assessments where relevant; trains and supervises enumerators, data entry, and analysis.
- Supports preparing project-specific detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for all active projects.
- Supports the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in operationalizing the M&E Standard Operating Procedures and Outcome Monitoring data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Reviews the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications.
- Revises tools for data collection procedures of Bahar’s projects (e.g., logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart.).
- Participats in developing framework and procedures for monitoring and evaluating Bahar’s projects.
- Defines and designs instruments for measuring key project performance indicators, Objectively verifiable Indicators, and outcomes, as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the assigned projects.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Statistics, Development studies, social studies, or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification in data management.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and research.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management, SPSS or other statistical package and demonstrate excellent skills in data analysis.
- Advanced questionnaire design skills using data collection software (KOBO, CTS, …)
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills in English.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Turkish nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.