MEAL coordinator (Ref: Meal Coordinator T-C207)
|ARFADA FOR DEVELOPMENT AND CONSULTATIONS||Gaziantep|
|MEAL Manager||Özel Sektör|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )|
Brief description of mission or/and project for which the staff is required:
ARFADA company for Development and Consultancy is a research company founded in Turkey of a group of professional consultants with various and intergraded disciplines, ARFADA company is one of the specialized consultancy companies, a place of outstanding experience in the field of development and financial and management consulting.
The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for implementing the monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) system of ARFADA Company.
Together with Project Managers, she/he prepares the MEAL sections of project proposals. At the start of each project, she/he completes the MEAL planning tools in order to ensure that the project fulfills its MEAL responsibilities towards communities and donors.
She/he provides monitoring data collection tools to the project staff, supports them to conduct accurate data collection, gathers and safely stores the data that they collect, analyses it, produces reports and facilitates meetings with project staff to enable them to use this evidence to continuously improve project implementation.
She/he facilitates internal or external evaluations of projects as needed.
Specific tasks include:
1) proposal Writing of Monitoring and Evaluation projects
· Manage proposal development process as assigned, ensuring that proposals meet funder specifications and deadlines; conduct research and create drafts for proposal sections as necessary.
· Work with Practice Leads and other staff to prioritize, conceptualize and design proposals for new project activities.
· Support bid decision-making conversations.
· Participate in capture planning including leading technical brainstorming, competitive landscape analysis and win theme sessions.
· Build a network of professional contacts; help negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets.
· coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners.
2)Implementation of M&E Plans
· The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for overseeing data collection for different types of monitoring. She/he informs the project staff about when they need to conduct monitoring activities (e.g. workshop observations, or baseline/end line activities). If external enumerators are used, she/he trains the enumerators to understand the questionnaire clearly, and on how to conduct the interview, by demonstrating and practicing in pairs.
· Once monitoring data have been collected, the MEAL Coordinator reviews the data and clarifies any inconsistencies with the staff who collected it.
· She/he is responsible for conducting data analysis (e.g. of baseline or pre-/post-test or workshop observation checklists). She/he produces short reports, which clearly highlight the most important findings for project improvement.
· She/he prepares Terms of Reference for External Evaluations of projects, in consultation with the Project Managers.
· The MEAL Coordinator supports mid-term and final evaluation processes, including assessing the methodology and commenting on the draft report before finalization.
· The MEAL Coordinator supports with collecting the project’s lessons learned.
· To inform the design of new project proposals, the MEAL Coordinator may oversee Needs Assessments (these use the same data collection methods as monitoring (key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and sometimes household surveys). She/he conducts data analysis and prepares the Assessment Report.
· At least 3 years of professional experience, including 2 years in management/supervision positions;
· Preferred Master’s degree in M&E, humanitarian aid or other related subjects.
· Good interpersonal and coordination skills
· Experience in survey design, data collection, management, analysis and use, in humanitarian or development settings, including using software such as ODK, Magpie or equivalent.
· Willingness to live and work in a volatile environment with limited access to the field locations
· Ability to work independently in a challenging context is a must
· Candidate must be flexible, adaptable, and positive
· Familiar with the multicultural environment;
· Required: Excellent written and spoken English
· Preferred: Turkish, Arabic
IT & Equipment
· experience in applying statistics in humanitarian or development settings, including using software such as Excel, SPSS, STATA, or EPI info.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter before the end of the day on Monday, October 27, 2020, to the Email mention above. indicating “Meal Coordinator T-C207” in the subject line.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ARFADA FOR DEVELOPMENT AND CONSULTATIONS
ARFADA company for Development and Consultancy (www.arfada.org) is a research company founded in Turkey of a group of professional consultants with various and intergraded disciplines , ARFADA company is one of the specialized consultancy companies ,a place of outstanding experience in the field of development and financial and management consulting .